Harold thought about Jinah as he sat down in his transport and started the motor. The Arcturan had been spending more and more time over at his small one bedroom government-issued apartment with him. He and the young girl had become quite close over the past few weeks, Harold finding himself falling more and more for her with each visit and with each sensual touch. But then again, he wasn't sure if it was possible for someone like her to fully return those feelings. Still, this had to be the case or there would be no reason for her to keep coming over like she did. It was very apparent she was out of her element in his tiny living quarters. Regardless, they had both decided it was easier for Jinah to take a transport over to his place, away from the ever watchful eyes of her sister, than it was for him to try to get in to visit her, at least until he completed his promise to Lily. After that, Harold was going to see about something a little more proper for him and Jinah, since he would have a little more leverage on his side.

Harold backed the vehicle out into the street, set it into drive mode, and pointed the transport toward the lab. He smiled realizing he was very close to fulfilling a dream. One he had been able to catch fleeting glimpses of each time Jinah came over. The many long evenings he spent coding with her laying on the bed. The two of them talking the night away. He loved having her around. She made Wendy nothing more than another employee he would say hello to in the morning. That was when he wasn't yawning from lack of sleep. The Arcturan was magic in that way. When he would get frustrated she pulled him off the ledge and gave him encouragement as well as several other stress relievers. It was a life he had always imagined, but had been eluding him until now. He was no longer alone.

Harold drummed his fingers on the transport's controls as he nervously waited at a traffic signal. He realized the timing for all of this could not have been better. It was only that afternoon his software checks came back successful, indicating all scripts were ready to be activated. Then, when a message stating Gil had left and the pilot was en route to meet up with his squadron, Harold knew everything else had fallen into place. There was no doubt, the false orders the hacker planted into the 8th's schedule had done the trick. There was only one last, very distasteful thing he had to do: remotely upload his homebrew self-deleting virus into the man's fightercraft. Without Jinah's support and encouragement he might not have been able to complete this part of the plan. His conscience would have already won out and he would have probably backed out of the deal. Regardless, it was done and he couldn't let Jinah or Lily down.

Harold turned onto the elevated city highway. He adjusted the climate control and eased back into the driver's seat attempting to temper his nervousness. His stomach was knotting ever tighter the closer he got to the lab. Lily informed him that she had arranged for two particular security guards to be on duty at Univ-Trans. One at the front gate and one at a rear security exit. He was told that the men were loyal to her, both married to allied lesser sisters, and both slaves to the Clan. They were going to disable the security cameras and let him walk right in, run the script, and leave without anyone being the wiser.

The gates opened as Harold's vehicle approached, just as promised. However, as he drove past the guard shack he noted there was no one there. "That's strange," he thought. The hacker continued through the parking lot and pulled up to the rear entrance as planned, turned off his headlights, and got out of his sleek, black transport. He walked to the door, but no one opened it.

"Hello, Harold."

The young man's face contorted, riddled with confusion. It sounded like Jinah, but he knew that was impossible, she was sleeping back at his apartment. Harold turned to find two very large, very muscular men in CRDF uniforms standing there. One of the soldiers held a comm unit bearing Jinah's moving image. "Hey!" she said with a giggle, waving happily on the screen.

"Ummm, hey?" Harold was confused. "What is going on, here, Jin?"

"I am saving your life, silly," the lovely girl replied. "But, for this to happen I need you to hand over that data stick to my wonderful brother-in-laws."

"If I do that, Jinah, your sister will have me killed and you and I can never..."

"Oh, Harold. You really didn't think that we were ever...oh my goodness. You did." The redhead snickered. "That is so sweet, but, my darling hacker, you shouldn't be sad. In fact, you should be proud. You were a nobody who managed to tag team a couple of Arcturan sisters and play a very instrumental part in the formation of a new Arcturan Motherhood. You weren't just any old pawn in the politics of Arcturan royalty, you were one for the history books!"

Harold's hands shook uncontrollably as his anger increased. Once again he found himself let down by love. The hacker closed his eyes and hung his head in defeat. It was not the time for any of his typical smartass antics or remarks. Any wisecracks would instantly get him killed and he knew it.

The girl continued, "...without you, I would have lived my life in total obscurity. Overshadowed by my older sister's big ass. But, now, thanks to you, things are going to change. When I found out what you were there for, I took a chance that you might give me a chance. Then when you took the bait..."

"Whatever, Jinah," he said sharply.

"You were so cute, looking at me with those fuck me eyes, completely ignoring my sister. I knew right then. It was magic."

Harold winced. He wanted this whole thing to be over. "Here, fucking take it and leave me alone." He lifted a quaking hand, holding the small electronic device out in front of him. The young man couldn't look at the pretty girl on the screen.

"Hey, Bouri," the lovely voice said. "...I did have fun, for what it's worth and you really are a great guy. Not many men would have taken a gamble with their life for a lesser sister like you did."

Harold lifted his head, tears welling in his eyes. "And where did it get me, Jinah? At least tell me what you meant when you said you were saving my life?"

"I can't tell you the specifics, but you shouldn't contact my sister or me ever again, okay? Especially Lily. That is unless you really want to die." The girl paused. "Do you hear me, Harry? Don't contact Lily!"

"Yeah, I fuckin' hear you."

"Sweetie don't be mad, it was all funsies between you and me. You had fun, I had fun, and we both won. But, my sister...well, that's a different story. So, I am going to let you go now and I need you to never, ever talk of this to anyone. Don't ever try to contact me or show up at the mansion, okay? Byyyeee." Jinah blew Harold a kiss, the comm unit clicked, and the two shadowy large men turned and strode back into the Univ-Trans building.

"Yeah, okay," Harold whispered. He didn't feel like a winner. He felt like he had lost something even though it was still beating in his chest.

...

"Wendy, the security cameras for the upper levels, emergency exits, the gate, and the parking lot are all down." Geneticus stated calmly.

"Is the weather outside bad?" the woman asked, placing a blanket on the old cot she found.

"No. Wait, there they are, they just restored. That's very strange."

"What is, Geneticus?"

"Nevermind, it appeared to be Harold's transport leaving the parking lot, although, I know that is impossible, he left over four hours ago. You know, Wendy, you should suggest the CRDF replace those archaic cameras," the A.I. said. "Their buffers might be failing."

"Okay, I will, but first, let's get some sleep okay?" Wendy placed her hand on the wall of the dark mainframe. "Good night, Geneticus. I love you."

"I love you, too, Creator."