Lily shook her head. "Look, this is what I need you to do. My brother is a pilot in the Central Region Military Defense Air Corps. He is in the 8th Squadron. Here is his information file."

Harold accepted the folder and set it unopened on the nightstand next to the bed. "I know a guy from that unit."

The Arcturan rolled her eyes. "That's nice," she said dismissively. "His name is Gilford. He uses his father's last name instead of his given Arcturan family name. He says he didn't' want to be treated special. It's entirely my weak-ass mother's fault. Her infatuation with that Sub-Region man from that fucking town...what was it called? Sonyoma Din Volta, I think. Fuck I don't know. He must have had one massive cock though for my mom to fly out there all the time with him. Playing family in that little cabin of theirs. Walking around in those peasant clothes...Whatever." She waved her hand as if she was shooing an insect.

Harold knew exactly whom the Arcturan's very talented mouth was describing. "Lt. Gil Mitchell?" he interrupted.

"Yes, so you know of the little bastard?"

"I have had my run-ins with him. He can be quite an asshole."

"Well, I need you to make him 'disappear' and if you do it right, I will 'entertain' the thought of letting you work for me. On the side that is. No one will know. I always need talented people from all backgrounds in my employ. The benefits are spectacular."

"Like your sister?"

"You really do have very little taste, don't you, Harold?"

The young man shrugged his shoulders.

"Harold, I think you should know that if my mother finds out about any of this, none of it will matter. She loves that boy more than life itself. You have to make it appear to be an accident."

"Alright, Lily. Just know, I work in a very high security, top-secret part of the Confederation Military and as hard as it is for me to say this, I need you to keep your mouth shut, too."

"Agreed."

"Awesome, well, I think I have an idea that just might work."

Lily patted the bed and pushed herself up. She opened the door. "Hang on to that thought, Meta, I will get my sister and you guys can get back to doing whatever crazy shit it was you two were up to. Then, tomorrow, you can start putting this little plan of yours into action," the woman said with a smile, closing the door behind her.

Sitting in the quiet, dimly lit room Harold thought about what he was doing. As much as he despised Gil, he knew he wasn't that bad of a guy. Regardless, with him in the picture there would never be any chance between him and Wendy. On the other hand, a few more times with little miss Jinah and he might be persuaded to forget about the Scientist General all together. Working for the Arcturan's might not be a bad thing, after all. Either way, Gil Mitchell or Gilford Arcturis, whatever he was called, was in the way of Harold Bouri's happiness once more and it wouldn't happen again.

...

Cenerea, 3rd planet from the star Letria. Regalius, The Confederation, Central Region, The Capitol City, 348 Sayari Street Apartment 6,

Forty-Two Cenerean Years and Two Weeks Ago

Harold left Jinah peacefully sleeping in his apartment. It was 21:00:00 hours. He eased through the front door and exited into the hall, shutting it softly behind him. He nervously patted his coat pockets and verified he had all of his credentials, his data backup stick, and his transport activator with him. He was going to need them all tonight. There was something very important he needed to do and a lot hinged on the success of his actions.