Chapter 12: Talent show

Candle's POV.

Dad and I have been catching up, sorta. Lots of my life he has missed out on. I asked him if he had any knowledge on airbending. He did, but only a small amount. He said that there were small villages around the world that are for benders. Our population has decreased, but bending is something that the world knows as legends.

Showing our bending is risky, but it is what the world needs to know is real. I told him about Mom's house burning down, and how we had the British Government after us. I had asked Mara if she thought that the USA's government could be after us. She said it is a possibility, but we would be all over the news. So far only things that we have been involved in have showed up on the news. Like when we were at the airports, when my house burned down, and how we were in the YellowStone park.

But, nothing was coming up about us being missing. At least for now, I am sure the British government covered up our disappearance at our school. But when our friends realize we are gone they will start calling people. We should look like that we all burned down in my house. That won't be for long, it could happen any day when the government needs help.

I was out in the forest, around my dad's house. I was trying to learn the second part of airbending. Alex was out with me, he was also trying to figure this out. It was, in my mind, lot harder than mountain airbending. For one, you soul had to flow more. Be more open, the wind was also more various. This was the hardest part of airbending, mastering it.

Alex and I have been working on this for days. Dad had met all of my friends and welcomed them to stay. Though the others haven't be able to do much, they can practice and all but this is a place where airbending is strong.

"Candle, come on we are about to leave," Zach said when he opened the door.

"OK, I was finishing getting my shoes on," I said as I stood up, I was wearing gray converse. I had had them for a while, and they were starting to fall apart. I had drawn on them and switched the laces all the time.

We were going to a community talent show, it was for the people who lived in the district. which was pretty big. Lots of people were so I expected lots of kids performing. Dad was working there as a service person. I wasn't sure which part though, he said he would be all over the place.

"Hey Candle. Where were you?" Mara asked.

"Oh, I was tying my shoes," I said and she looked down.

"Cool, we were about to leave so we were wondering where you were,"

"Ah, yeah. So what time does the show start?" I asked, as we walked out.

"It starts in 15 minutes," my Grandpa answered," we will be able to get there about 3 minutes before it starts."

I nodded, I was happy to get out of the house, like last time I had been cooped up doing training for a while. We couldn't stay here too long, the first year was almost half way done. I still had to master Water, Earth, and Fire and I was still a little bit rusty on my airbending. I could take up until the last minute. I had only been here for about two months. It was May already.

"Candle, you awake?" I saw a hand waving in front of my eyes.

"What?" I asked, not really to anyone though. I turned and saw Alex waving a hand in front of my face," oh, yeah sorry. I was just starting out in space. I was wondering how we were going to manage to learn all four elements. I mean all of you guys are benders and great ones. I slowly learn from each of you how to bend, but you guys aren't masters of your elements."

He looked at me, at first he looked confused. Then he started to get something.

"Yeah, your right. Sapphire, Mara, Gabe, and Zach can only teach so much. Soon they will run out of things to teach you, they will have to find a master. Rosemary was mine, but she couldn't teach me all the things she knew. The scroll that I got from you only has one move I can't do. I see your point," he said, and looked down. He wasn't in the best mood anymore.