Chapter 7: Break in at School

Candle's POV.

After my trip to the spirit world I told everyone what the deadline was. I wasn't too happy to learn I had to learn the elements quickly. Creg had told me that it takes almost about 10 years to learn all the elements perfectly. I wasn't to do this in 2 years.

We were also going to attend Yellow Stone academy. Although they have uniforms, which I wasn't to into. I mean I don't mind uniforms. I just don't want to wear them, part of it was skirts for the girls, but lucky they have pants for girls too.

All the teachers had been notified of our bending talents. I was glad. I didn't want to explain if we blew up a water fountain or something that would be bad. I was just hoping we would set the school on fire like last time. We were joining in at the second semester, this would be easier with the paperwork for Creg. He had been doing this ever since he found out we would be here for a long time. I needed to learn airbending fast.

"Candle the bus is coming soon," Sapphire called from downstairs. I was sitting on my bed, I was putting my notebooks in my bag. I had back up water with me just in case.

"I am coming," I called back, I limped across the room. I wasn't a huge limp, but because of my ankle getting strained. Irene said that for the rest of my life I would be like this, but the limp would become less and less. I walked down the stairs and Sapphire was standing there waiting for me.

"Are you Ok?" she asked.

"Yeah I will get over the limp in a while or just get used to it," I smiled.

"No I mean you have been quite lately," she looked at me.

"Nothing I am just tired after my practices," I made up an excuse quickly.

"No it is not that. You come in from your practices all happy and you are never tired."

"You aren't going to give this up are you?" I asked her.

"Nope," she laugh and I sighed.

"Fine, I am just worried about my mom. I don't even know where she is. I don't even know where to start," I looked down at the floor.

"Well, you start with your friends. We are all here for you, and I am worried about them too. We all are. You are not going in this alone," she smiled and walked out to the end of the driveway. I followed her and watched as the bus pulled up.

"Hey, we were waiting for you two," Gabe said as he walked up to me.

"We were just talking about my ankle. She was just asking if my ankle was going to be ok," I said.

"Yeah, you said you would get used to the feeling. Just don't go falling off mountains and breaking your other ankle," he laughed and the bus pulled up. It was one of the newer versions. So we could fit three people in a seat. Which is what we did.

The bus was loud and chaotic. About what every bus is like, unless you have one of those buses with one of those bus drivers. I had one of those before and hated it. I was in 1st grade and we did not know how to stay quiet. So we got in trouble a lot.

But the bus was chaotic and loud. I almost said they were louder than my bus and then rethought it. My bus could beat anyone in a loudness contest. Though we were high school and middle school combined. And there was the kids who cussed all the time. I got used to that after the first day.

"So how do like our bus?" Dylan asked.

"It's loud," I said.

"Yeah, no one I have met can say it's quite," he laughed.

"Well I could be the one. My bus is about 8x louder, with people cussing all the time. We are middle school mixed with high school," I sighed. I hated how we were combined. It made every seat a battlefield for who could get the open seat.