Chapter 6: A world Different From Ours

Candle's POV.

Even though it had only been about a week and a half my wounds hadn't healed much. The only changes was that my ankle had been keeping me up for at least 5 days.

Well on the bright side Creg's family had welcomed us like family and have helped us with our training in every way they can. Which you would be surprised how much they can help us. For starters, they have a secret library under their house. It has everything from air bending to the history of the benders. The only question was how did they get all of this?

Well turns out that Mara had thought of the same thing or she had been listening in my head when I had been thinking about it. He is an ancestor of the head of the greatest library that had ever been. He had also gone in and took out all the information that he could find when some people had found it while digging in the desert. It took him days to get all that had survived the sand and fire benders.

Most of the time I spent sparing with the whole family and the others. Oh, I should tell you that each of his children can bend. You see his wife was a first born descendant of the of the more recent avatars. I don't know the names of them yet. I haven't gotten that far into my training.

Angel was a water, and she was a pretty good one. A lot better than me or Mara by far. She took us out with one move of her hand. Just a flick and we were blasted with a wave of water. We were soaking wet. Zach made a mistake of laughing at us. I turned around and nodded to Angel and Mara. We all got a wave of water out of the lake and sent it down on him.

Since he was an earth bender he could not dry himself quickly like we could. He was wet for the next hour and a half.

I practiced with Angel for hours on end until I could dodge 8 out of 10 times the waves came towards me. Then Rosemary came up to me. She called my name and I turned around. Not only seconds later was a shoot of the slab of ice I was standing on in the lake, by a funnel of water.

"Yeah," I said slightly annoyed as I washed up on the shore. Then a wave of air came upon me. It almost had the same force f that wave of water that I had been hit with only seconds before.

"You know you don't have to dry me right away," I smiled, Rosemary was a soft person. But that's not to underestimated. She has an inside as hard as steel.

"Sorry, I just thought you would like to be dry for our lesson," she smiled and laughed. Rosemary was one of those people that could make you smiled no matter what. Her smile brightened even the most darkest of places.

"It's ok, I guess I would like to be dry. So what's the first lesson?" I asked, she smiled. But not in a way the was all happy like.

''''''''''''''''''

"You want me to do what!" I yelled.

"I want you to keep that leaf a float through that course," she said as she pointed to it. WE were in a cellar that was under the house. Turns out they have whole levels of underground training areas.

The cores looked like my death bed. It was just a plate of cement with poles of wood sticking out of them. With spikes. Spikes on the poles rotating. How was I supposed to keep a leaf up in that?

"Not to be weak or anything, but that thing," I pointed at it," sends chills up my spine. And one more thing, I don't know how airbend.

"Exactly. This is your test. Now follow me we have a ways to go," Rosemary smiled and lead me through the long and narrow paths back up to the surface.

''''''''''''''''''''''

We had hiked up the mountain that you could see from the house. Rosemary said that most people don't hike on the mountain because we own it and we also have this at the top on a trail that only she could find. The nature seemed to bend to her as she walked, revealing the path.