Kyle saves the day... (For real, this time)

Start from the beginning

But I did catch a glimpse of green..

"Duck!" A voice yelled over the mayhem and twisted my head to the side. Something pierced the wall next to my ear, missing me by a hair. Something gleamed from the corner of my eye and a quick look down confirmed my suspicions.

It was the pick.

Tied to it was a cord that connected somewhere down. But in the state of the room, everything shaking and the ceiling threatening to collapse on us, I couldn't see where it lead.

"Uni.. Grab on." I instructed, an idea forming in my mind.

"What?"

"If you don't plan on being crushed like a bug, grab on." I pulled him up and he wrapped his arms around my neck, one arm being under mine since I was still hanging on.

With my now free left hand, I held onto the cord.

"Hold on tight!"

"What are you- WOAH!" I pulled out the pick I was hanging on to and put it over the cord, grasping onto the other side.

"WOHOO!" I cheered while Uni screamed. We sped down the cord like a zip line, dodging things falling as we glided down. I realized we were headed for the original hallway where I confronted Ivan. As we landed Uni let go of me and I let go, hooking the pick back.

The cord immediately retracted after we were off and disappeared into the shadows off the hallway, my pick being tossed in front of me.

"Thought you could use some help." The person who helped us walked forward, I could hear the grin in his voice.

"Greenie?" My eyes widened as he looked up. "You're back."

"Wait- Who is this guy?" Uni panted, still trying to recover from what just happened. A loud rumbling sounded just as the hall shook. I nearly tumbled back into the main broom but luckily caught my footing.

"No time, we've gotta get out of here!" Greenie grabbed my arm, causing me to grab Uni's sleeve. He dragged us down the corridors, never hesitating or backtracking as he made several turns. Rushing up a stairwell we wound up in a huge room filled with hundreds of jets, each one spaced out evenly.

"FREEZE!" Someone barked at us and we spun around. Guards came through the way we entered the room. The armor they war was red. Not blood red like the Shadow Knights, but a dark, maroon red. The helmets had gaps for the faces and there were horns at the top of them. It was- naturally -demon themed.

"How many times do you think we'll get shot before we can get in a jet?" I asked.

"With that many Imps?" Uni started, gulping silently as more Imps poured into the room. "About ninety."

"Only?" Greenie chuckled. "That's be lucky break, I say we go for it."

"Shut up, will you?" I sighed. "All your stupid is making it hard to think."

"Someone's in a bad mood."

"This is the fifth time I've nearly died this week, do you expect me to be in a good mood?" A sound from outside silenced our bickering.