綱手

綱手
Tsunade Senju

...---...

Tsunade heard that Konohagakure now opened up a ward for experiments of a Orochimaru, and has found the cure for the Curse Mark of Heaven.

How? No one knew.

The news is slow, but she manages to catch word of it a week after the ward opened--she waits for the moment Orochimaru would learn of it, and knows Konoha would be in more danger.

She was busy yet again counteracting one of Chiyo's deadly poisons, only to hear the news from Shizune. The raven haired woman states that few people talk about it in whispered, heated conversations, even on the street.

This brings her back to what occurred only two hours ago:

She had scored a jackpot while playing in Tanzaku Quarters.

"Shizune, I have a bad feeling."

She thinks this is what the bad feeling is about, but what she doesn't know is that it's only the beginning.

...---...

"Six years and you don't look different at all!" Naruto exclaimed with happiness, arms out to entrance the pinkette--an embrace that Sakura Haruno (she took her henge off, as well as the rest of them) politely excused.

"Wow Naruto, you still know how to compliment a woman," Sakura responded sarcastically before scanning the rest of her team. They'd decided to release their henges after meeting in a far clearing, where they were sure no one would pass by.

If anyone did, they'd suffer--at least, what the Uchiha stated with his blood-red eyes.

Satoshi (aka Naruto) left Naruto, promising to be gone only for a while, under the care of Iruka Umino.

Hideki (aka Sasuke) left Sasuke, and forced the raven to hang out with Naruto.

Raideshi (aka Kakashi) left the cemetery, unknown it was now in the care of Obito Uchiha.

Sayaka (aka Sakura) left Miyako, with a quick goodbye and a rushed breakfast--one that she regretted immediately after she left, because she had always left Miyako in the dark.

"Let's just get going." Sasuke Uchiha stated, itching to get the mission over with. The growing tension was enough to make him scowl, and it didn't help with the fact that the dobe next to him was pretending there wasn't tension.

"Actually, I think we need to discuss something." Sakura spoke up, and Sasuke inwardly groaned, because of course this wouldn't go quick and without trouble. Yet, he was slightly pleased, because he hadn't seen Sakura in six years--which was nearly as long as they'd known each other (just about eight years).

"And that is?"

"I think we should tell Tsunade."

At that moment, Naruto Uzumaki finds it best to create a sealing barrier so that no one else could hear the conversation. "Okay," he states after he finishes. "And why is that?"

"She has to know. She's part of the War--"

"So? Others are in the War and we haven't told them yet."

"She's an important part," Sakura responded. "And not only in the War, but in so much more events. We need her in Konoha."

"But still--"

And the fight continued.

...---...

For a while, the four of them stood in silence, not knowing what to say--whether to agree or not.