みやこ

I wrote this in advance and had it hanging for a while. Not exactly a chapter, but more of a bonus or something. But it does connect with the story. I hope you enjoy it!

...---...

miyako
みやこ

[Six Years Ago]

Word spread around about bundle of new recruits in ROOT. A group of orphans that Danzo planned to train--they chuckled inwardly, because of course he'd do such a thing.

Take a life for the beauty of a village--except, it didn't seem like a beautiful sight anymore, did it?

Behind the grand curtains of Konohagakure, lies the dirty, rotten system of the cruel powers. There is no light.

There is no hero. They're busy on the stage.

But after the long thoughts, the members soon raised questions about these new recruits. Who are they? Are they strong? Will they hold up?

But they easily come up with assumptions, such as--they're civilians (because no Shinobi clan would give away a child of theirs), they probably aren't, and they probably won't hold up to the training.

Danzo is wasting his time and children's' lives, they think. But he does what he wants, or rather, for what he wants: power. He wants to claim what he believes he deserves.

Desire is strong. Belief is strong. It seems Danzo has taken it too far.

["But you can't see how deep you've went when your eyes are closed, can you?"]

In this type of place, there are no pure, innocent souls. Every child is exposed to the cruelness of the world--like tearing a bandaid off an open wound, exposing it to the air. Every child is taken away from their own self.

They're given a mask. They're given gear. They're given weapons--

You teach a child to kill, you kill their innocence.

--They're given a spot.

Dreams are taken. Names are taken. Past. Childhood. Freedom. Desire. Emotion.

"In Root, you have no name. You have no feelings. You have no past. You have no future. There is only the mission."

It seems that Danzo has turned his organization into the very face of power:

Nameless, faceless, hidden behind the curtains, and the worst of all--tainted with blood. This is power. This is strength.

This is insanity.

...---...