chapter 1 Surprise meet Kayla

Second Chances Vol. 1

By: Donna M. Cooper

This Book is dedicated to my Family

And my valued readers

A/N

Thank you to everyone in wattpad land. Thank you for all the votes and comments you've given me for the two books I wrote before please continue to support me, I really appreciate you all. I'm now going to attempt to write my third novel and I need your help and support. I haven't quite figure out the cover for this book yet so please bare with me, well here I go, wish me luck. If for some reason someone out there don't like my cover and can help me with a better one then I'll thank you.

Chapter one surprise

It was 8 am when I pulled into the drive way of my three bedroom apartment that I shares with my fiancee; I whistles to myself as I switches off the engine and took up the bunch of roses off the back seat. Today was my day off and I was looking forward to spending it with her. I was currently an third year emergency room physician and a surgery assistant at one of the country's leading hospital and I absolutely  loves my job, but because of the long hours I had to work, I didn't get to spend a lot of time with her. She knew how demanding my job was but as understanding as she was she still complained a lot that I wasn't spending enough time with her, and it was even worst when I had to work at night.

It was still early so expecting her to still be asleep I ran upstairs with the intention of surprising her but as I enters our bedroom I saw her coming from the bathroom with a pregnancy test in her hand, which stop me cold in my tracks. "Is that what I think it is?" I asks as she jumped at the sound of my voice. "Tyler, how many times must I tell you not to sneak up on me like that?" She shrieks.

"Sorry honey." I smiled as I walked closer to her, gave her the roses and kiss her on her cheeks while checking the result of the test. "It's positive! Baby its positive." I shouts hugging her tightly. But she wasn't as excited as I thought she would be, because she snorts and rolled her eyes at him. "I can see that Ty." "Ok,..um....alright, I know these test aren't a hundred percent accurate, so I think we should go to the doctor right now and find out for sure if it's true and if you're okay" "Now? Ty we can't go now, it's too early." She pouts. "Okay then, in a couple of hours then." I said kissing her nose.

"I won't be able to Ty, I've plans with Susan." She replied smelling the roses. I shakes my head in disbelief; after everything we have been through; I couldn't believe I was going to be a father and this woman was telling me that she had plans, she must be crazy.

"No offence Kayla but Susan is going to have to wait, I need to get you to the doctor today and have you checked out." I said in a firm tone. "But Ty....." She pout again and made a sad face. "Please don't argue with me honey, just get dressed alright." Kayla fold her arms pout her lips and stormed away from me.

"But it's so early, why do I have to get dress now?" She mumbles as she walks into her closet. "Alright fine, come here. Come cuddle with me for a while before you get dress." I said hugging her from behind. "Okay." She said walking over to the bed. "By the way, how come you made plans with Susan knowing it was my day off?" I ask kissing her neck.

"Sorry it's an emergency, woman stuff I promise to be back as soon as I can." "Oh come on baby, I miss you." I whines. "Oh stop, at least you can get a few hours sleep before I come back, build up your energy if you know what I mean." She giggles. "Ha...ha... very funny." I said pulling her close to me.