Chapter 24

Alexis' POV

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck my life. How could I be so stupid as too actually leave my phone at Jorge's house. I homestly and truly planning on avoiding him for the rest of the school  day. Now I have no choice but to speak to him, even if it is for a second.

"Fuck my life," I breathe out quietly to myself. But somehow my mother, who is still standing infront of me with her arms crossed hears.

"Did you just curse me?" She point her accusing finger at me. My head shoots up in confusion immediatley.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows. "No! Why would I say that to you?"

"I don't know why you say a lot of shit." What the fuck is up with her?

I look at her confused once more before turning around waving her off. I have time to deal with her right now.  I have too much on my mind rightnow.

How could I be so stupid as to leave my phone at Jorge's house. I didn't check to see if I had it like I do whenever I go out. This is literally the first time I've ever left my phone anywhere. I don't even leave my phone in my room when I go to the bathroom to take a piss.

My brain literally tells me in all the situations that I absolutely do not need my phone to rememner to pick it up; but, in the one situation that I need my phone, and trying to avoid someone, I leave it with the person that I'm trying to avoid. Fuck my life.

As I make my way upstairs I spend the whole trip quietly cursing myself about how nig of an idiot I am.

This whole day I had planned on not seeing or speaking to Jorge; but, now I have to.

But, what do I even say to him? How do I know that he even has found my phone? I guess I'll just have to see.

I decide to stop stressing, thinking that it'll only leave me with a panic attack or something and I really don't have time for that.

I put on some basic clothes: adidas joggers, a sweatshirt, and my hightop vans. It wasn't until I saw my reflextion in my car that I realize that I was wearing all black.

I guess people really do dress depending on their mood.

During the drive to school I had my radio blarring extra loud and I drove pretty slow. Maybe I wanted to drown out my thoughts. Maybe I just wanted a distraction. But what I do know is that I was not in any hurry or rush at all to get to school.

You see I'm not the type of guy who likes to confront their problems. When I have a problem I tend to just ignore it because I think it's the positive thing to do. I know I'm wrong but I tell myself that to make me feel better.

After what felt like a hot second I'm finally pulling up in the school parking lot and parking in my usual place. I take a deep breath before I get out of the truck and head into the school.

By the time I make it to my locker the halls are already packed. I'm starting to wish I would've just stayed at Jorge's like we had originally planned.

I get out all of my things that I need for my first class. As I'm doing this I feel somebody's presence and I fell like their standing over me. I'm get stuck in my position in the fear that it might be Jorge standing above me. Finally I decide to look up and instead find a grinning Juan. I sigh in relief.

"What are you grinning about?" I look at him briefly before returning to rumage through my locker.

"Its that time again, Alex," he smiles brightly.

"What time would that be," I peer.

"Spring break. The cabin," he says excitedly.

"Oh!" I totally forgot about that trip. "I forgot all about that," I smile excitedly. God knows I need a vacation from this place.

"Oh my God," he laughs. "But check this out. This time it will only be us. Our parents are going to be there, but they said that we can do our own thing while they do theirs."

"Really? That's awesome." I smile before it fades away at my next thought. "Will Victor be there," I'm not so excited anymore.

"No. He was going to come but he's going somewhere else with his family."

"Good I don't want to see him no time soon." I conclude talking about him as I finally found the book I was looking for in the locker. I really need to organize this thing.

"I think he feels real bad about everything that went down," Juan said soflty.

"Well if that was the case he wouldn't went along with it," I say in a monotone closing my locker shut.

"I went along with it too," he said. "You forgave me."

"You apoligized," I shrugg. "You can't forgive someone who never apoligized."

Juan lets out a deep sigh, knowing that I am done with this conversation. I mean I guess I understand that its awkward for him because he's friends with the both of us. I know there's times where he wants to hangout with the both of us, like we used to, but ends up having to choose.

"Look I know that you want all of us to be friends again but more than likely thats not gonna happen. He needs to make the first m..." I'm cut off by the sudden presence of the person I've been trying my best to aviod.

My eyes instantly go to his hand where I can see my phone sticking out. Before Juan or I can say anything Jorge cuts us both off.

"Here," he said harshly as he place it in my hand. "I saw you drop it." With that he left... Or was about to leave when Juan stopped him.

"Bro! I just got the best idea," he literally grabs Jorge by his shoulders and spins him back around to where he was originally standing.

"And what would that be?" He seemed kind of annoyed. And everytime I would go to look at him he would look the other way.

"What are you doing over spring break?" Juan asked.

"Sleeping, eating... I don't know," Jorge shrugged. "Why?"

"You should come with us to the cabin," Juan suggested excitidley. He's so oblivious to everything. I wonder if thats a good or bad thing at this moment.

"What cabin? And who is 'us'?" He seemed a bit annoyed and irritable.

"Is a cabin that Alexis' and my family go up to every spring break. You should totally come," he playfully punches his arm.

"Um... I don't know, bro. I'll have to see," he trailed.

"Why?" Juan pressed.

"I don't know. Would Alexis mind?" He raises an eyebrow. What the fuck is he trying to do?

"No, I wouldn't mind," I shrugg.

"Cool, I might be there then. I gotta go now," and with that he walks off.

"I wonder whats up with him," Juan says.

"I don't know. Maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed," But I know myself that that's the complete opposite of the truth.

I know exactly how he, or should I say we, woke up this morning. And our morning was perfect until I had to ruin it.

"Well the bell's about ring so imma head to class." Juan says.

"Alright see ya later, bro." I nod and walk off.

As I'm heading to class I can't but text Jorge.

Me: hey do you wanna meet me in our spot before 1st period?

Jorge: can't. Already in class. Sorry

Me: Maybe later then?

Jorge: I don't know.

What the fuck did I just do to us?