Chapter 12 (Editing)

A/N: You guys this is a really big chapter. Special appearance of Juan. And this lady ^^^ is how I imagine Juan's mother.

Alexis POV

"Why are you looking all hot and bothered today." Mom said as soon as I walk through the door.

"Mom," I whine, "not now." I say knowing that Juan and his family will be walking through the door any second now.

And as I was able to predict the future, here they come bardging into my house as usual.

Mom looks at me with a stern face, "fine, but after they leave." She yell-whispers at me. I nod at her.

"Ah, Maggie," Mom says to Juans mom as soon as she sees her with open arms for a hug.

Usually as soon as they get here, Juan and I would escape to my room to play video games, 'til dinner was ready.

But instead of glancing his way or standing there looking stupid I turn around and head upstairs into my room.

I don't want to see him. I can't face him, not today, not so soon.

I'm sure he doesn't want to see me either. After all I am just a "repulsive and repugnant faggot". It still hurts to think about it.

Just as I am about to get to the top of the stair I hear Maggie call after me.

"Hi, niño. Where is my hug." She says smiling with her arms wide open. Sighing in defeat I come back down stairs, and hug her. "¿Como estas?"

"I'm good, estoy bien," I tell her smiling, still hugging her.

"Ay, ay, ay, you are so handsome now. I'm sure those girls at school fall head over heals for you," she smiled, pinching my cheeks, and I hear Juan fake chocking.

But Maggie continues, thank god, "well I'm sure you two boys wanna run off and us leave down here to do all the work as usual, go ahead." She finished by waving us off.

I notice Juan leaving to the stairs. I hope he is not going into my room.

And just as I had hoped not, he is going into my room.

"Why are you in here?" I ask him with my arms crossed.

"Because where else would I go. Down there listing to old people talk about their old spanish recipes. I'd rather be in a room with a faggot." He said grinning at me.

Knowing what he is doing is hurting me.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I ask a small voice.

"Doing what," I swear I can just hear his fucked up smirk in his voice.

"Why are you trying to hurt me? I've never done anything to you. I would never do anything to hurt you and you know that. I would have never done this to you. You took everything away from me. You took my pride and my happiness. I have nothing because of you. You make my life a living hell everyday. Everyday knowing that I have to go back to that school and have to hide myself from the bullying. I have nothing. No one that would be there for me when I need them, becuase you took that. I can't even play soccer because of you. And the sad part is, that I still care about you. I still care about what happens to you. I didn't tell coach the real reason I was kicked off the team because I didn't want anything to happen you," I pause trying not to cry, but the tears come out anyways.

I countinue trying to keep my voice easy by not looking at him. "I would've never done that to you. I thought we were brothers. I was always there for. And the one time I felt the worst pain in my life it was because of you." I finish and turned around and left the room.

I didn't want to look up and see his grin. I was done with him.

I didn't tell him about my new friend because I didn't want him to bag on them. And he doesn't need to know my business.

When I leave my room I make my way to guest room. Everytime Juan had spent the night, he always intended on using the room but never made it out of my room before with fall asleep on my bed.

When I get to the room I break down. It feels like a ton of bricks hit me at once. More than before when I broke down infront of Jorge just last night. I sink down to the floor and drain all of my emotions through my tears.

I don't know how long I had been on the floor crying in this dark room, but it was long enough to fall asleep on the floor.

My mom comes and wakes me up informing me that dinner is ready. I was hoping I slept trough it.

I follow my mom down stairs and into the dining room. At the table everyone is seated were they usually are, even Juan. I notice he has his head down and is looking down at the table. I go and sit in the seat next to his. I would sit in another seat but I don't have time for questioning.

The whole dinner me nor Juan say anything, not to each other or anyone. Usually the both of us are laughing and talking so loud that nobody else can hear to the person next them. Now its just awkard. I can't take it.

"Can I be excused please," I say looking up. I can feel Juan's eyes on me and I know I shouldn't but I can't help but to look back at him. I look at him and to my utter suprise it looks like he had been crying. I look back my parents.

"Why, you don't feel good," my papa asked.

"No Papa, I don't fell good"

"Oh Mijo, are you sick." My mom ask me in a conserned voice.

"Its okay mom, I'm just gonna sleep it off. Its been a long day." I say getting up. "Good night Señor and Señora Sanchez, G'night Juan." I say his name quietly and go to my room.

As soon as I get to my room, I take my shoes off and fall on the bed. I don't bother taking my clothes off. I'm too emotionally drained.

Before I'm fully asleep, I get a text from Jorge that reads, "Goodnight" I blush and text him "goodnight "back and drift to a deep sleep.