Chapter 20

A/N: What is up with Jorge.
___

Alexis POV

I really tried hard not to, but I couldn't stop thinking about Jorge. About how he was feeling or what was so wrong with. But most of all, I wanted to know why he wouldn't let me know what was going on.

We've been together almost 2 months now and he still is not comfortable with me. I poured my heart out to him the night we first kissed, and I told him about how nervous he makes me the day he asked me to be his boyfriend. I've been nothing but an open book to him, but he can't find it in his heart to be open with me. And I don't know why.

I know I shouldn't make the situation about me, considering how sad and hurt he looked, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that he didn't trust me. But maybe I'm just wanting him to move too fast without considering how he felt.

I really need to quit second guessing myself.

I'm getting ready to go to seventh period and I know that I will see him there. Even though I told him to keep his distance from me, so he wouldn't receive the same treatment that I get, we still text while sitting not too far from each other.

I finally made it to the quiet and boring room and I don't see Jorge in his normal seat. In fact, I don't see him at all. I walk to the back of the room to take my seat, once I get there I stare at the door, hoping Jorge will walk through. But he doesn't.

I texted him several times during that period and received no replies. Everytime the door would open my head would shoot up in hopes that he had finally came, but he never showed up. He never skipped this period without telling me, or without dragging me along with him. He never left me by myself before.

Although we didn't sit together, he presents was all that I needed. Me being able to see him also helped. I feel so small without him, but I think I need to try to get used to him not always being around. Not for any reason though.

I know it seems like I'm being dramatic, seeing as how Benny is in this class too, but I can't help it. It's just who I am.

I decide to take a nap once I realised that he would not reply to any of my texted messages. Before I know it I'm awaken by the bell and its time to go.

I head to my truck as quickly as possible, trying to avoid everyone- including Juan. I don't want to be here any second longer than I have to be.

I drive straight home and head right up stairs to my room and fall on my bed. Its been a long a stressful day. I keep checking my phone trying to see if Jorge texted me back or not.

He didn't.

After staring at a blank phone screen for the longest time, I find myself drifting off to a deep sleep. And a well needed one.
___

I don't know how long I've been sleeping but I soon find myself being awaken by my phone ringing. I quickly grab it from where it is and see that it is Jorge that is calling me. I see that have three more missed calls from him.

"Hello," I yawn.

"Alex?" he sniffs. He sounds like he's been crying.

"What's wrong?" I ask immediately worried. I jump up really quickly.

"Please. I need your help," he sniffles again. "Please come meet me."

"¿Dondé estas? Where are you?" I say while frantically looking for my car key and putting my shoes on at the same time.

"I'm at the hospital..."
____

Before I even realise it, I'm pulling into the hospital parking lot. I don't even know why he's here though. All he had to say was that he was at the hospital and I was speeding down the highway.

Luckily, I didn't run into any traffic on the way there, even though it's raining fairly hard.

As soon as I make it to the front desk, "Jorge Castro," I boom.

But before the receptionist​ could even answer, I feel a tug at my jacket. I look up to find that it's Jorge. His eyes are bloodshot red and puffy. He looks devastated.

I can't help but embrace him in a tight hug immediately. He sinks into my arms.

"Follow me," he says, and I do. He leads me somewhere every unfamiliar place into back of the building. We were outside but we were still shielded from the rain.

He takes a seat in a corner and motions me to sit with him. I take a seat right beside him and I wait for him to talk.

"He's sick," he croaks. "He's so sick. And I just have to sit here and watch him die. Right before my eyes."

"Who?" I ask.

"He doesn't deserve this. He just a little kid and he's never done anything to nobody. He's so innocent and positive he doesn't deserve this," he cries softly.

"Who is he?" I asked concerned again.

"Mi hermanito. My little brother," he looks up at me with hurt eyes

What?! Since when did he ever have a brother.

I pull him closer too and let him cry on me.

"What happened?" I ask, while caressing his arms.

"He is sick again, worst than before. And its killing him now. He could die," he cries out.

I gently kiss him him on his forehead. I don't talk because I don't know what to say. But in a way I am somewhat relieved that he wasn't hurt. That he wasn't the one that was dying.

Juan is already sick, and would die if something were to happen to Jorge as well.

But also feel terrible for Jorge. Seeing him hurt in anyway breaks my heart.

"He's gonna be alright," I make sure that I'm looking him right in the eyes when I say that. "You just have to have faith, babe. And be there for him," I reassure

"But that still doesn't tell me anything. You don't understand, he alway has an immune system deficiency and it make it hard for him to fight off sicknesses," he sniffles. "He's just getting sicker and sicker, Alex."

"I'm so confused," I say truthfully. "Since when did you have a brother?"

"You never saw him before because he's alway at this damn place? Plus, I don't really want him to meet any of my friends. That'd why I don't tell them about him," he explains and I nod my head. "Maybe you saw him the first time you came to me house but he left with my uncle"

"Listen to me," I grab his face to ensure he's looking at me. "Everything is going to be just fine. I'm sure that this is not his first time being sick. He's going to be fine, just have faith," I encourage.

"But how do I know. He's my world. He's only 5 years old and I can't lose him. How do I know, Alex," he's so torn.

"You just know. Have faith," I whisper while looking deeply into him eyes. He looks a me the same way. His eyes are filled with so much emotion and I don't know how it happened, but somehow when ended up kissing.

There was something about this kiss, different from all over our other ones. It was like he was giving himself to me through this kiss. It was more tender than usual. More passionate and filled with more emotions.

There is no lust filled kiss her, instead it was replaced with something that I'm scared to say too soon.

He pulls away he looks at me for a while as if he's battling with himself. He looks like that for a while until he finally speaks up.

"Would you like to come meet my brother?"

___

A/N: Things are getting serious.