Chapter 16

Alexis POV

I sat there starring out of nowhere with my phone still to my ear.

"Ma, what happened?" I asked trying not to sound too paranoid or panicked.

"Just come to see him, he was asking for you," she said like she was freaking out.

I looked up to Jorge and he knew something was wrong.

"Okay, mom. I'll be right there." And I hang up.

I start to get up from my knees and dust myself of.

"Come on Jorge, we have to go. Juan is in the hospital." I say. Still trying not to sound so panicked.

I rushed to the passenger seat shaking, I was something had happened to him.

"Babe, what happened?" He said said in a relaxing voice. Getting his pants back up quickly then getting into the car.

"I don't know, okay." I snapped at him and I instantly regret it. I saw a hurt expression on his face as he looked down. "Listen I..." he cut me off.

"Lets just go then." He says with a bit of an attitude.

He speed off to the hospital. He didn't say anything to me so we rode in an uncomfortable silence. He didn't even keep his hand on my thigh or even look at me.

Oh, so he's one of those petty guys that get there feelings hurt they start acting like little bitches. I see how this relationship is going to be.

When we reached the hospital, Jorge finally looked at me.

"Alright, see ya later," he said distantly.

"Can you come in with me, I might need you there for me. I hate hospitals." I told him.

"Alright, but I have to leave soon," he says then leaves me in the car and walks off.

I make my way out of the car. I catch up to him and grab him by the arm.

"You know what, if you're gonna act like that towards me then just leave. I'm already scared enough and I don't need you to make feel worse. Just go, Jorge." I finish with a sad sigh, shaking my head at him.

I turn away from him and begin to walk to the entrance of the hospital, when I felt his hand pull me back.

He pulled me into his chest and held me tight.

"I'm sorry babe. I was just being sensitive or whatever and let that change my mood. I'm here for you." He said quietly while kissing my head. "Come on, lets go see about Juan."

I looked up and smile at him. I looked around to make sure no one was in the parking lot, then kissed him.

Just as mesmerizing kiss, the usual.

"Come on, my mamá is waiting for me." I say, then we rush through the hospital together.

But when I find my mother, a big realization hits me hard.

What the fuck am I going to be telling Juan about why is Jorge with me. Fuck my life.

...

I took a while but I was finally able to see Juan. Before I went in to see him, his mom told me everything that happened.

He has a heart condition. He had been playing soccer for so long today, and his heart couldn't take it.

Now he lies in a hospital bed looking really say

"Bro, you have to stop hurting yourself," I said chuckling a little. Still scared though.

"Oh you know me, I always got to do the most," Juan replied laughing. "Ouch," he said holding his chest.