3

Harry's POV

I was walking back to my dorm. It was well past midnight. I looked to my left and saw Jenny sitting on a bench staring at nothing. What made it worse is what she was wearing. Its freezing out and she is wearing shorts, a tank top, and bunny slippers. "Jenny ?" I call to her as I approach her. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked the opposite way and wiped her eyes. "What are you doing out here ? Its freezing ! Let's get you to your dorm."

"No. I-I don't want to go back yet." She rushed out. Her eyes were a bit red. I sighed and took a seat next to her. I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her. "Thank you."

"Do you want to talk about it ?" I ask. She let's out a shaky breath and shakes her head. "Are you sure it might make you feel better." She looked up. The sight nearly broke my heart. MY heart. I usually stay away from crying girls, but she just draws you in. She gets that look and you just want to make everything bothering her go away.

"Do you really think so ?" She asked. I nodded. She bit her lip and crawled into my lap. I wrapped my arms around her small body, delicately. Afraid she would break any second. "Last year, on this day. I was walking home. I just finished watching a movie at the theater with my friends. I didn't want my older brother to pick me up, so I told him I had a ride. When I was walking home, it d-didn't feel right. Like I-I was being watched. I've grown used to that feeling. I mean look at me. People stare at me here. So I was walking home and I-I was grabbed. I started screaming and screaming, but nobody could hear me. The man dragged me into an alleyway and told if I-I didn't stay quiet he would kill me. He put tape on my mouth so my screams were muffled. H-he took my virginity. The one thing I had t-that hopefully would make my dad proud. When he was finished, I ran home half naked. I burst through the d-door and my brother, Tristan, was waiting for me. His face fell when he saw me. My hair was a mess, missing my skirt, shirt was ripped, and I was crying my eyes out. I told him everything. We did the logical thing and called the police."

"Did they find him ?" I asked her as she buried her face in the crook of my neck.

"No. They didn't even look for him. They didn't believe me. My brother was in trouble with the police a lot, so they assumed we were lying." She answered sadly.

"What did your dad do ?" I regretted this question.

"Nothing." She said barley over a whisper. "My dad is an abusive drunk. My brother doesn't let him hurt me though. Sometimes he gets the chance to, but Tristan stops him. The next day there was a letter in my mailbox. Addressed to me. I opened it and regretted it. It was from him. He said how he knows I called the police and that he is coming after me. Its just scary you know ? They never caught him. Hell they never believed me." I didn't know what to do, so I just held her tighter.

"You're safe here. I wouldn't let anyone hurt you." I reassure her. "I'll protect you from anyone and anything." She pulled back and examined my face. She sighed and cuddled back up to me.

"Thanks." She breathed out. She made sure she calmed down before she spoke again. "I don't get you. Everyone says you use girls, which is quite understandable. Then again, here you are holding me while I tell you my biggest secret. Then you promise to never let anyone hurt me. You confuse the shit out of me. I hate it. I hate how I compare your smile to everyone else's. I don't even know why I do. Probably cause your smile is to die for."

"You like my smile ?" I grin. She blushes and nods. "Thanks. So what now ?"

"Can you stay out here with me ? For a little while ?" She asked shyly. I chuckle and nod. She smiles and cuddles even closer to me. I tightened my grip around her, and placed my chin on the top of her head. I couldn't help but think how right this felt. Jenny in my arms. It felt amazing, but I would never admit it. I'm sure its because I want to get in her pants anyways. After a while I noticed Jenny's breathing became lighter.