Chapter Twenty-Eight

She couldn't believe what was happening, she thought as she swirled her tongue inside Noah's mouth the following Tuesday. He nibbled on her bottom lip making her moan and lean her body more into him against the bookcase of Noah's office.

There was a knock at the door and Alissa immediately pulled away. Her heart racing, she pretending to be looking at one of Noah's awards on his shelf.

Noah quickly adjusted his slacks before he said, "Come in."

Adele popped her head in, "Sir, Mr. Regent is holding on line one. He wants to go over the numbers from yesterday's tracking report."

"Get me the report, then," he said as he made his way to his desk "You can go, Alissa."

Alissa turned around just as Adele came walking back in with the report. She paid no attention to Alissa, which Alissa was grateful for as she left Noah's office. Instead of heading back to her desk, she decided to head to the bathroom to freshen up. Her heart rate was still beating a mile a minute.

At the bathroom sink was Sarah. She leaned against the marble countertop with both hands and stared at herself in the mirror.

"You okay?" Alissa asked.

Sarah jumped before looking her way, "Yeah, sorry. I just have a meeting with this potential client and don't want to mess it up."

"What are you talking about? Since when have you ever messed up anything? You'll schmooze this guy until he's swept off his own two feet by you." She chuckled.

Sarah nodded, "You're right. I don't know. I think it's just because this is a high profile client and I can just see one of the guys making a fool out of himself, which results in me looking like a fool."

"Has this happened before?" Alissa asked as she checked her reflection in the mirror.

Sarah sighed, "Unfortunately."

"Well, you need to stand your ground. Lecture them. Teach them right from wrong. Tell them if they don't have anything nice to say, then they shouldn't say it at all."

Sarah let out a laugh. "Yeah, okay. I'll just become their mother hen. Brilliant," she muttered the last word.

Alissa sighed, "Seriously, Sarah. I don't know why you're so unsure of yourself. You've always kicked ass on our old team. I don't see what's stopping you from kicking ass on a team that you run."

Alissa just couldn't see where Sarah's insecurity was coming from. After a few months of this, she was starting to get annoyed by it. She wanted to be there for her friend, to reassure her, but after a while, it was getting old.

Before Sarah could respond, Alissa stepped out and went back to her team's cubicle.

~~~

It was Friday evening and Alissa was finishing up the day's work when Noah stopped by her desk.

"Here are my notes on your report," he said as he handed her a folded piece of paper and sat on the corner of her desk.

She opened it up, but instead of constructive notes, there was one word: Dinner?

Her stomach flipped until she looked around and saw Hwan's eyebrow arched her way.

Alissa sighed, crunched the paper into a ball, and tossed it in her trash bin.

"Have a good weekend, Mr. Wilmington."

~~~

It was Wednesday of the following week and Alissa found herself in another steamy situation in Noah's office. This time, he was leaning over her on his leather couch as he ran his tongue down from her ear to her jaw to her neck.