Chapter Six

Alissa made her way over to Veronica as the house music still shook the bass. She was now kissing the other woman fully on the lips. She was taller than both Alissa and Veronica; she noticed the woman was wearing Nike's. Who wears Nike's to a nightclub? Alissa thought.

The woman had thick, luscious gray hair with lilac highlights. She wore white-washed jeans with a handful of tears and a baggy black one-shoulder top, which showed her thin collarbone and hinted at the fact that there was no bra underneath.

The women's eyes were closed as it became apparent tongue was involved. Alissa sneered, then loudly cleared her throat.

The two were still enthralled within each other's grasp, so she tapped on Veronica's shoulder, instead. Veronica released her lips from the woman's and turned her head to face Alissa.

Her heart was beating a mile a minute and she didn't even know what to say. She had walked over to Veronica so quickly that she hadn't given herself enough time to think about what to say. So, she just waited for Veronica to react.

Instead, the other woman was the first to say something. "Can we help you?" She sounded annoyed, as if she didn't like being interrupted while making out in public. I'm sure you don't, Alissa thought.

"I don't know." Alissa matched Veronica's dark eyes, "Can you?"

Alissa turned on her heel and walked back to her friends, intentionally swaying her hips side to side. She was hurt, but she wasn't about to let Veronica know that. It wasn't as if they were actually dating. Alissa had never had a girlfriend before, so she wasn't exactly sure how these things worked. If it was anything like heterosexual dating, they weren't girlfriend and girlfriend anymore, that's for sure.

"Alissa, wait," Veronica grabbed her wrist and spun her around. "I didn't know you were here yet."

"I texted you," Alissa said through gritted teeth.

Veronica was beautiful. She was probably the most beautiful woman Alissa had ever been lucky enough to have been with. She was wearing a tight black wrap dress with cutouts on her hips and cleavage and worn-in golden stilettos. Her thick dark hair was in a large bun and she was wearing gold hoop earrings to match. Veronica was the type of girl who had natural beauty. She didn't need makeup, and yet, she still wore some eye makeup and a shade of burgundy lipstick.

Veronica's long lashes fluttered to the floor, "I'm sorry, my phone died. I was hoping you'd still come." She smiled softly.

"What was that all about then? I thought you were here for me." Alissa cracked at the end.

Veronica's eyes grew wide then fluttered to the floor, again. She sighed, "I'm sorry if you thought what we had was serious, but I never took it that way."

Hearing those words shouldn't have hit her as hard as they really did. She knew they were just a casual hookup, but she didn't think she'd be fucking other women. Alissa's palms were starting to sweat. She was just as hypocritical. Just last weekend, she had fucked Chris the day after fucking Veronica.

Alissa sighed, "No, you're right. It was all just casual. I guess I got caught up in the moment. I wasn't expecting to find you tonight kissing another woman."

"I know, I'm sorry. We can still dance tonight if you want, but I kind of want to explore after the club with Jackie."

Alissa smiled, "Jackie seems like a great pick. I'm happy for you."

Veronica hugged her. She whispered, "Thank you, Alissa."

When they let go, Veronica headed back to Jackie and Alissa headed back to Hwan and Sarah.

Shortly after, the DJ had begun playing throwbacks. He started with some Green Day. The whole crowd had gone crazy; some jumped up and down, even. It reminded her of high school, and even middle school. They really were throwbacks. It had lifted Alissa's spirits after the confrontation with Veronica and set the rest of the night up for a great time.

Sarah had ended up getting trashed, so Alissa played the good friend. She only had two martinis for the night, enough to have some fun while also keeping a watchful eye on Sarah. Hearing songs from her childhood brought back some nostalgic feelings, and it was really funny hearing Hwan talk about how some of the songs had come out when he was already in college. It made her more aware of just how big the age gap was between the two of them. It didn't matter too much, though, he was still just as energetic as the rest of them.

~~~

The following morning came with a groan. Alissa turned in bed to find Sarah next to her with the worst case of bedhead. Her blonde bob had become a blonde poof and some of the hair was even stuck in between her eyelashes and lips. Alissa tried not to chuckle as Sarah groaned again.

"How're you feeling?"

Sarah groaned in response, and this time, Alissa couldn't keep the giggle in.

"Stop laughing at me," Sarah murmured into the pillow.

"Come now, let us rehydrate and fill our bellies with food." Alissa smacked Sarah's ass.

"Yes, mom," she groaned.

Alissa laughed as she lifted her phone to check the time. Instead, she read at least a dozen texts from Veronica, and they were all saying the same thing:

Help!!!

~~~

A/N: Gasp! Please vote and tell me your thoughts! xo