Chapter 16-I'm A Man Excuse You

Chapter 16

~Alaska~

"Where are you going? It's the first day of spring break." My mother asks me as I grab three banana's from the fruit basket. My mother is at the kitchen sink drying cereal bowls.

"I'm going to the lake, meeting Jake there." I say and my mother almost drops the cereal bowl she is drying.

"Why don't you take Tyler with you?" My mother says. Tyler is sitting on the kitchen table with Willson, Alex and Josh at the tables. My three brothers all crowd around Tyler and they are all talking.

"Well, Jake and I just planned it for the two of us.." I say awkwardly and my mother just glares at me. Tyler pretends to not be listening but you can tell it's the only thing he is focused on.

"You're dating Jake!?" My mother shouts and I instantly takes a few steps back. This woman is crazy... My mother drops the cereal bowl and it smashes onto the ground. Shards of glass flying everywhere and one just missing my leg.

"I don't know. We are just Friends? What's the problem?" I shout back at her while waving my banana's around like a crazy lady. She gives me that glare that no daughter wants to see from their mother but I don't care. My banana's like to waved around!

"What about studying? What about school? I thought you said boys were stupid and they were a waste of time?" My mother questions me using my own words to get back at me for. My mother bends down at collects all the peices of the bowl she just dropped.

"Well, can't you just let me live my life a little." I say sighing, I'm sick of her bull crap. "Would you rather me a be lesbian and hit on Maya and Tessa? No you wouldn't, you would be embarrassed by me." I say and it looks like she is stuck now. She can't argue back to me with that. "I'm sorry I like boys and I'm sorry I have a boyfriend. You can dis-own me." I say before walking out the room. I stomp up to my room and I grab my phone, my sunglasses and my bag I packed this morning. I put the banana's in my bag and I carry it down with me as I walk downstairs and out the front door. I close the door behind me and I grab my bike from the side of the house. I put my bag in my basket at the front of my bike and I slip my sunglasses on and I pedal out onto the street.

I pedal hard into my bike until my calves burn and until my eyes sting from the wind hitting against my face. The hot burning sun beats down on my bare arms and my legs. It's the hottest day of spring break and I'm sweating just riding my bike down the road to the lake. Jake had called me and asked to meet him at the lake alone with my bikini's a towel, and some food. Jake is bringing a picnic blanket and some more food. I reach the sign pointing to the lake and I continue to pedal down the small bike path. I see the shimmering water about not even a kilometer away from me. I reach a huge tree right next to the lake and I park my bike under the shade. I set my towel and I take my singlet off and my shorts off exposing my body in my bikini's. I lie out in the sun and wait for Jake to arrive.

"Well hello pretty girl. You enjoying the sun?" I hear Jake ask and a bike fall to the ground. I get up from my towel in the midday sun and I embrace his hug.

"How's the water?" Jake asks.

"I don't know. Do you want to go try it?" I ask and Jake nods. Jake takes his t-shirt off exposing his upper body and he slips his shorts off with him standing in his board shorts. "Let's go in." Jake says and we both run off down into the water. The water freezes once my ankles hit the water. I've barely even gone in the water and I'm already shivering. I continue to run in the water until I dive into the water completely wetting my whole body. At first the water felt cold but it's nice and re-freshing now. Jake and I swim out far out from the shore.