Chapter 6- The Devil Returns

Chapter 6

~Alaska~

My skin prickled as I felt the cold hit against my exposed legs and arms. My shorts where up to my mid thighs and my t-shirt was thin. I grab my key and click the key into the lock. I stop as I hear something. Yelling. I hear my dad shouting and something break. Sounding more like glass shattering into millions of shards. I quickly unlock the door and look inside. I see my mother lying on shards of glass and my father standing over her, looking down at her.

"Dad! What the hell!?" I shout and quickly try to run over to my mother's body. Before I reach my mother my dad's hand smacks into my face and I stumble down on the cold tiles. My dad hit me across the mouth and I taste blood and feel my lip splitting open, the stinging pain growing instantly over my lip. I try to pull myself off the cold tiles, but I can't manage to pick myself up. I feel bile rise up and I see white and red spots form in my vision.

"You, never question me." My dad says grabbing my hair and yanking me off the ground. His hands wrap around my shoulders and he shoves me into the wall.

I open my eyes as I hear someone screaming. I'm screaming.

I get up from my bed and find I'm covered in sweat and my blanket lays at my ankles. Someone's voice is echoing around me. Maya.

"Alaska, Alaska!" Maya says grabbing my shoulders and pulling me up from my bed. "Alaska are you okay?" Maya asks a worries and scared look crossing over her mind.

"It was another nightmare." I say shaking like I'm cold, but I'm covered in sweat. "It was worse this time, I actually felt the thing that being slapped, I felt that. In my last nightmares I couldn't feel a thing." I say still shaking.

"Alaska it's okay, I'm here and you're all right. I'm here for you Alaska." Maya says wrapping her arms around me and hugging my tightly. Maya hugs me so tight I feel all my worries evaporate. I feel safe.

"Now go back to sleep, I'm right next to you, It's okay." Maya whispers as she shifts over onto the side next to me on my bed. She rolls over so her back faces me and the room goes silent.

I close my eyes and feel myself drift back to sleep.

~Tyler~

"Dude! It's gonna be an awesome party we have to go together!" Jake shouts as I slam my locker shut carrying my bag and swinging it onto my shoulder.

"Okay, alright. I'll come with you." I say and Jake's face fills with a huge grin.

"Yes! We so need to get with some hot chicks tonight then. It's at Chris's house. Jake says pointing to the blonde hair jock Chris.

"He always has the best parties." I say, thinking about the mischief we all got up to at his parties.

"Yes, so that's why we're going, and also for the chicks." Jake says. Jake looks like he's about to say something then he looks at someone else. "Oh, hey Alaska. Are you coming to Chris's party tonight?" Jake asks Alaska.

I look back at Alaska and smile. I rake my eyes quickly down her body. She has tight skinny jeans with a loose blue tank top. Her hair falls down around on her shoulders and around her face. Jake is practically drooling. I would be too. I quickly take my eyes off her and focus on other girls around me.

"Yeah, I am actually, Maya, Tessa and I are all coming. See you there then." Alaska says before saying bye to Jake and me and walking off down the hall with her two friends.

"I'm so getting some tonight." Jake proudly says, and he has a huge smile plastered on his face. After a few seconds his smile falls.

This isn't good.

"Tyler, it's Annabell." Jake whispers, and I quickly look in front of me to see Annabell. No not Annabell.

"Hey Tyler!" Annabell shouts and waves as she runs up to me. This girl never got the idea that I broke up with her. Annabell runs up to me and wraps her arms around me and hugs me. She kisses me lightly and smiles up at me.

"I miss you." Annabell says.

"I missed you too." I lied and fake her a smile. Jake looks at me and pretends to throw up. I feel like bursting out in laughter but Annabell is looking at me waiting for an answer.

"So, I asked you how have you been without me?" Annabell says again this time her fake sweet voice losing its sweetness and turning slightly sour.

"I've been alright actually. Focusing on soccer and hanging out with Jake." I say and realise I've just said the wrong thing, here we go again....

"So you didn't miss me??" Annabell says her eyes turning glassy, looking like she is about to start balling her eyes out.

"I did miss you." I say and quickly look at Jake for some help, I need to get away from Annabell.

"Oh I forgot to tell you. I'm coming back to Bridgewood! Tyler can you believe it I'm going to be with you once again. This is great!" Annabell shouts and she links her arms around my neck once again.

Jake looks at me and signals for me to say the quick escape excuse.

I pretend to see someone across the hall and I wave. "Annabell I've got to go. Talk to you soon." I quickly to her and pull her arms off from my neck and Jake and I speed down the hall and out the double doors into the parking lot.

"Jake. She is coming back. Back to school." I say and Jake looks at me like he is about to explode. Jake is speechless for a moment then he finds his words.

"Shit! Now she is gonna be all on our backs until the day we die. I thought we got rid of her once and for all. I guess the devil dosen't die once." Jake says and puts his hands behind his head.

"This is bad. If she finds out Alaska is living in the same house as you she will go to bad lengths to make sure you move out of the house and she will make sure Alaska's pretty face isn't so pretty." Jake says sounding more worried for Alaska than me. Annabell would give Alaska a good bitch beating if she found I was living in the same house as her.

Annabell and I had a thing back last year. We we're more than just friends, we were the kind of friends with huge benefits. I never wanted a relationship but Annabell sure did. She tortured me with the idea of dating for at least five months, so I gave up, I dated her. At first, I did it just to make her be happy and have her stop talking about a whole relationship.

I was always known as the one to be the cheater. But instead of the player cheating on his girlfriend, Annabell cheated on me, in front of me. I had felt hurt for a moment but then I realised, she had wanted to do that to me all along, to be in a relationship with me then cheat on me right in front of my face.