Chapter 10-World War III has begun

Chapter 10

~Tyler~

It's so quiet. I can't hear Alaska talking. the boys aren't running around or yelling at each other. It's too quiet. I check my clock and see that it's only seven o'clock. It's been two weeks. Alaska's arm is just fractured, and she has another three weeks in the cast. I've been trying to study but the only thing I've been achieving is me falling asleep while trying to read a book.

I pull myself out of my bed and rub my eyes. I yawn and walk over to my closet and slip on a pair of shorts and a dark grey t-shirt with an old pair of Nike socks wrapped on my feet. My hair is messy, and my eyes are sticky from sleeping late from last night. I rinse my face in my bathroom and I make my way downstairs to get something to eat.

I walk into the kitchen and see Jane sitting at the table probably doing paper work.

"Good morning." I greet Jane and she greets me back with the same response.

"Hey Tyler, can you sit down for a minute? I need to talk to you." Jane says and my heart instantly skips a beat. That's what every foster parent said to me before they kicked me out of their house.

I take a sit down near Jane.

"I received mail from some Universities. You had applied for some?" Jane asks, and I instantly relax, she isn't going to kick me out.

"Yeah actually I'm trying to get into a decent University and get my own place. Maybe get a part time job. I still don't know what I want to be. Maybe a fitness coach, something to do with the sport and fitness career." I say and Jane nods approvingly

"It's good that you know what you want to be. Set your heart for something. The harder you work the closer you will get to being or getting what you want." Jane says, and I smile. I never had any of this support for my future from anyone. I thought being hot and the being the best player was the only thing that mattered. But I've recently realised that none of that really matters in the adult world.

"I just never had any support, or anyone to help me in my life. So, I want to start my own life and have a good future." I say, and I flash Jane a smile.

"Well you have support from me now. I will help you, I promise." Jane promises, a warm smile growing on her face.

"Thanks Jane. It means so much to me." I kindly reply. I don't really have any words for how I feel.

~Alaska~

I slam my locker shut and carry my books with my right arm. My right arm has been taking all the shit for the last two weeks. It's been straining from my heavy mountain of books I need to carry everywhere.

"You know Annabell right?" Tessa asks me, and I shake my head. "Well she was Tyler's ex. She is coming back to the school and well, she was Tyler's first relationship. Instead of Tyler cheating of her, Annabell cheated on him. She cheated on him to teach him a lesson." Tessa informs me, and I frown at this new information.

"What kind of lesson?" I question but Tessa just shrugs.

"I'm not sure. Oh, there's Maya." Tessa says pointing to Maya as Maya runs up to us at full speed.

"What?" I ask Maya and Maya looks around the hallways like she's seen a ghost.

"Annabell. Is. Here." Maya says, and she starts looking like she is about to pass out.

"What is so bad about Annabell? She just dated Tyler!" I exclaim, and Maya just looks at me weirdly.

"Speaking of the devil. She is heading right this way." Tessa hisses to me and points to a tall curvy blonde girl with a red Gucci bag and dark velvet lipstick drawn on her lips. Annabell walks right to me and rakes her eyes down my body, from my hair to my all black converse.

"You're Alaska, right? The girl who is living with Tyler?" Annabell asks and I'm too scared to reply I just give her a wimpy nod.

"Well, hello first of all..." Annabell says looking at my hair then looking back at my face. "Tyler is mine. I'm trying to put this nicely so give me a minute. Do NOT try to get your hands over Tyler. Tyler is my boyfriend and he is way out of your league. So, don't try anything because he definitely isn't interested." Annabell says and Maya instantly steps in front of me and facing Annabell.

"Well listen here bitch. Alaska's arm may be broken, and she may be a slight nerd but you must not mess with my girl. I am the only one allowed to talk to her like that so if you don't mind please get your skinny and dumb blonde ass out of here before I break your fake nose." Maya says, and I instantly feel like bursting out in laughter, but I can't at this moment because Annabell will probably end up breaking my nose.

"Excuse me?" Annabell spits at Maya and I can see fumes coming out of Maya's ears.

"You're excused. Bitch." Maya says and Annabell sighs and turns back around, walking off down the hall to another blonde who was standing nearby, watching us all like a hawk.

"Well, I guess we have announced that world war three has begun." Maya says holding her hands on her hips. "Girls, you know what this means." Maya says and Tessa and I both nod. The fighting need to be sneaky but dirty.

*

Ten missed calls from an unknown number. I sigh and decide to call this number that has been calling me all evening and night.

I wait after three rings have already gone through.

"Hello?" I hear on the other line, it's Jake.

"Hey Jake, it's Alaska. You called me?" I ask, trying not to sound nervous.

"Yeah actually I called you like ten times and you weren't answering. I thought you were just avoiding my calls, so I stopped." Jake says quietly on the other line.

"It's okay you can call as much times as you like until I answer. My phone was on silent and it was in my bed, so it had been forgotten." I say, and I feel Jake smiling as he begins to talk again.

"Yeah well I always do that. Anyway, I called you for a reason. I was um-" Jake says and he cuts off, someone else is talking to him for a moment. "Sorry Alaska, anyway I was wondering if you would like to go maybe watch a movie and maybe get a milkshake with me?" Jake asks.

"I would love to. We need to go get Dave's milkshakes, they are amazing!" I suggest, and I hear Jake laugh.

"My milkshake brings all the guys. Ahh I mean girls to the yard." Jake says, and I laugh.

"I never knew you had some milkshake." I say.

"You could try some...." Jake says, and I almost feel like throwing my phone. "I'm joking, We're just friends? Right?" Jake asks.

"Yeah, I guess we are." I say, and I hear Jake sigh quietly, sounding more nervous than I am.

"Yes, only friends." Jake says. "I've gotta go. So, Friday night?" Jake asks.

"Yeah Friday night is great. See you tomorrow at school. Talk soon, Jake." I sweetly say.

"Okay, Bye Alaska." Jake says and hangs up.

The one and only Jake Grandison asked me out on a date. I yelp with joy and kick my legs. I fall back onto my bed and smile.

I may have a broken arm and hardly no social skills, but I still got asked out.