Chapter 17- Burning Paper

Chapter 17

~Alaska~

Maya grabs her homework with her hands and she rips the sheets in half. Maya dosen't even look twice at the ripped shreds of paper underneathe her feet. Maya grabs the ripped paper and she throws all the paper on the bonfire. Maya grabs her stick she has been using for the hour and she begins roughly poking the burning paper. 

I  grab a whole chunk of old papers and I rip them in half too. I throw them in along with Maya throwing in more paper. The fire radiates with smoke and my eyes burn and my throat hurts. 

The warm buzzing fire warms my legs as Maya and I sit around a small bonfire in my backyard. I chuck the ripped paper at the fire and the paper sizzles and the flames burst again. The fire is overloading with paper from our past hour of throwing old homework and essays into the flames. We do this every year. 

"I can't believe it's the last night of spring break. It went so fast!" Maya says sounding upset and also stunned at how fast the week went. 

"Yeah well, we've got to face Annabell, the teachers and every other human being we hate." I say disappointed that my favourite week of the spring time is over. 

"Well I don't want to. I want to do something with my life after school. Not be a housewife and sit at home all day. I don't even really want to have kids." Maya says and I nod.

"Well they do sort of ruin your life. They stop you from doing what you want and you have to take care of it." I say scrunching my nose.

"Well, the only thing we need to do is just to make sure we don't get pregnant." Maya says.

"I don't think any guys will want to impregnate us." I say and Maya laughs.

"Girl you always speak the truth." Maya says playfully punching my arm and I shove a stick into the fire.

Maya grabs her papers and she trashes them on the fire. I poke the burning papers with my black chalky stick and the fire bursts again.

"I'm just sitting here. Burning paper with my loser!" Maya sings and I laugh. Maya always knows how to light the mood even with a burning fire in front of us.

"I'm just burning paper with my loserrrrr!!" I sing along with Maya and we both continue to sing along to the burning paper song. Or as what I'm calling it.

"My  bitch, I love you and you know that." Maya says poking me with her stick and laughing.

"My bitch I love you too. You're my burning paper buddy." I say poking her back with my stick.

"Damn right." Maya says looking at the fire. "Hey I've got a good pick up line. Okay, ready?" Maya asks and I nod. Maya clears her throat and speaks, "Dam girrlll! Are you one fire? 'Cause your body is smokin'!" Maya shouts and I laugh at her weird and cheesy pick up line.

'Alaska really, you have an amazing body. You've just got to flaunt it and show it off to everyone." Maya says, "Annabell is so jealous." Maya says and I can see that she is abot to begin a hate rant for Annabell. "See.. Annabell has no ass. Her boobs are fake because one time her padding was totally coming out from her fifty dollar lacy bra. Alaska you have a good rack, I mean an amazing rack. Like wow!" Maya says and I cover my chest and smile. "I'm not gay or anything. But if I was you would be on my hit list for sure." Maya says winking and she goes back to poking the fire.

"You have a good ass, really good for working and for those surfboard things that I heard in Beyoncè's song. I mean that shit sounds sexy and you would be amazing at the surfboard. Anyway enough dirty talk." Maya says and I nod at agreement to no more dirty talk. That's all of Maya's words.

"Have you got anymore paper?" I ask Maya and she shakes her head looking upset at the thought of suddenly burning all her papers. She lives for the excitment of seeing her school work burning out in flames.

"Wait, stay right here. I've got some really old boy band posters from when I was young. I will be right back." I say to Maya and she nods and she begins to poke the flames with a huge burnt and chalky stick.

I get up from my chair and quickly run inside and up to my room. I flick my light on and I open my wardrobe and find old Jona's Brothers and Hannah Montana posters stuffed at the back of my wardrobe behind a pair of mud covered converse. I close my wardrobe with my posters under my arm. I flick my light off and run out of my room running back outside to Maya.

Tyler is out with Jake at Jake's house and my mother took my brother's out to the pizza parlour. I can't imagine the shit those three boys would do there. Those boys have wrecked many pizza parlours and I'm sure at this very moment they're burning the place down.

I run back out to the cool night and I shut the back glass door behind me. I jog back outside to Maya still poking at the fire looking bored out of her dirty minded brain.

"I've got a few The Jonas Brother's posters and a Hannah Montana poster." I say and Maya's eyes fill with excitement.

"Yes! I always wanted to burn Joe Jonas's head off." Maya says jumping up from her chair and jumping over to me holding the posters.

"Why Joe Jonas when you can burn all three of them?" I say smirking at Maya.

"Smart words for a small girl." Maya says patting me on the shoulder and taking a Jonas Brother's poster from my hands. I chuck the Hannah Montana poster in the fire and it instantly burns up. Her face burning and turning black.

Maya chucks the Jonas Brother's poster in the fire and that instantly burns up in the flames as well.

We end up throwing all the posters in the fire and we laugh at the way they burn up. Maya pokes a whole through Joe Jonas's head and she throws in the poster.

*****

------------------------

Sorry for the really short chapter!  I promise the next chapters will be long. it's all your choice. Yould you rather longer but less chapters or shorter but more chapters? Comment down which one you would rather :)

The pick up line is from Cameron. She is obsessed with pick up lines. Go say that one to Redwan ;DD

I realise I am updating more because LWTP is actually getting reads. I wanted to thank everyone who is reading and I promise LWTP is only beginning. I've planned so many exciting things for Living With The Player!

Love all of you xx

Marissa :) <3

*******

-----------------------------