Chapter 30- The Past Is The Past

Chapter 30

~Tyler~

 Alaska quickly drove home so fast I felt my body being pulled down onto the back seat from the pull. Alaska speeds  down her street and she stops at quick halt in front of the house. Maya runs to the front door to warn Jane and Alaska helps me out from the car. Alaska quickly rushes me inside and I see Jane's worried face. 

"Tyler! Are you alright?" Jane says sounding worried. Jane brings me into the kitchen and she grabs two ice packs. One pack is placed in my jaw and the other goes into my aching rib. Which is possibly broken. The cold pressue feels good against my aching rib. 

"Tyler you're going to be okay. I remember I had these problems all the time." Jane says letting me hold the ice pack on my rib while she holds the one against my bruised jaw.

"Why?" I ask out of curiosity.  I feel like I shouldn't of asked but Jane dosen't look upset by what I asked.

"My husband was very abusive. Brian was a drug and alcohol addict. I never knew at the time and he was perfect until the money ran out. He would come home from the pub or from work and he would start taking it all out of me. Soon enough he lost his job and that was when he really became abusive. He had caused me broken ribs, bruised and black eyes, knocked out teeth. Everything you can think of. Alaska got it to. She had a few broken bones. After taking his crap for too long I finally ended up in hospital and Alaska ran away to the police station with bruises all over her body. The police came to the house and they locked him up ever since. He has been going to rehab since he was let out about eight months ago.  He came here a few days ago and he had tried to do it again, he tried to hit Alaska. Alaska is sick and tired of taking his shit so she finally said to him what she has been feeling and what he needs to know." Jane says and now I finally understand why Alaska smashed a plate on to that man. It was her father.

"Nothing can help that man. I really hope he stays where he belongs. In the jail cell." Jane says and she removes the ice pack off from my jaw. "Time to rest it for about three minutes, after three minutes put the ice pack back on for another ten minutes. Repeat that over again for the hour." Jane says before she gets up from her chair and she disappears up the stairs up to where I can hear the boys screaming at each other. 

The hold the ice pack on my rib as I walk around the house.  I remember when I first stepped into this house I was stunned. The big chandelier, the stair-case. Everything. I was thinking these people were just stuck up rich freaks. I judged wrong once again.

I go past the lounge room where I had kissed Alaska and where she had slapped me. 

I make my way upstairs and down the hallway to the boys bedroom's. Jane is in her own room so I go into Alex's room and I sit on his bed while he plays with his skateboard.

"Yes? Tyler?" Alex asks and he looks up from his skateboard and he see's my bruises.

"Tyler what happened!?" Alex says jumping away from his skateboard and over to my bruised rib.

"Tyler that's awesome! Cool!" Alex shouts looking at my bruised rib. I came in here to scare Alex but I guess it's not scaring him, it's amusing him.

"Can I have one?" Alex asks and I nod.

"If you let me punch you in the ribs, then yes." I say and once Alex hear's what I've just said, he runs out of the room screaming. 

I finish with the ice packs and I make my way upstairs to Alaska's room. My aching ribs have stopped since the ice pack has been pressed onto it for at least twenty minutes.  I knock on Alaska's door and the door opens with in seconds Maya stepping out and going down the stairs. I walk into Alaska's room and she shuts the door behind me.