Chapter 22- Regret

Chapter 22

~Tyler~

Jake pulls up at the front of the house and I get up from the green grass and I swallow, this isn't going to be easy. Jake get's out from his car and he shuts the door. Jake locks his car and walks over to me with a smile on his face.

I feel horrible that I have to break that smile but I have to do it. I would rather lose him as a friend then have every single moment I spend with him a guilt trip for me.

"Hey Tyler. What's up? Where's Alaska?" Jake asks and I don't say anything back as his smile slightly falls away. Jake can tell what I'm about to say isn't any good but he waits for me to talk.

"Tyler, what's wrong?" Jake asks and I feel my throat tighten and I just know what I'm about to say is going to hurt him, but I've got to say it. I know he will call me asshole or probably even punch me for what I'm about to say.

"I had, well. I feel like shit for doing this...." I say and I can't find the courage to say the rest, I force it out from me before I stutter and I don't say anything at all. "I had kissed Alaska. I had kissed her on the couch, she had pulled herself off me and slapped me." I say avoiding Jake's death gaze.

Jake is quiet for a minute then Jake begins talking. "You're a fucking asshole. I hope you feel like shit for what you've done." Jake says and I walks past me into the house. I thought he was going to punch me or say something worse, but at least he didn't take it to bad. I still feel like shit even after I told him.

I don't bother to go back inside the house so I grab my bike and I ride off down the street leaving the house behind me along with my regrets.

~Alaska~

Someone is running loudly up the stairs and I instantly wipe my face and I try to stop the tears pouring down from my eyes. Jake opens the door and he runs up to me wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tightly. As Jake squeezes me I feel all my worries and guilt drift off from me and I realize that he isn't angry at me, he is just mad at Tyler.

I embrace Jake and I take a smell of Jake's soft and sweet scent. I feel calm and my tears stop pouring from my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Jake. Tyler had kissed me and I feel like crap." I say to Jake but she just shakes his head and kisses me. His lips around mine feels better than how Tyler's did. I instantly forget about Tyler when I wrap my arms around Jake's neck and I kiss him with my eyes still hurting from my tears and my head throbbing.

"Let's go make some dinner. It's friday night and I have nothing to do. " Jake says and I nod, sound good to me.  I follow Jake downstairs and into the kitchen and we raid the cupboards for anything to us.

"Do you wanna make pizza? There are a few pizza bases." Jake says pointing to a small stack of pizza bases.

I nod and I imagine pizza laid out in front of me. Heaven.

"Yes, pizza is the one." I say grabbing the pizza bases and smiling. "Pizza is my one and only. Be jealous." I say walking away from Jake with a huge grin on my face and he keeps quiet.

"I guess I've got to turn myself into a pizza then. What type do you like the most?" Jake asks wagging his eyebrows.

"I like margherita. No I mean I love margherita." I say.

"Two margherita's it is then." Jake says skipping down to the fridge and grabbing the cheese and the bottle of italian tomato sauce.  

I spread out the thick pizza bases and Jake opens the bottle of tomato sauce. I open the cheese and I begin grating the cheese.  I spend at least fifteen minutes grating a normal amount of cheese to fill at least one pizza.