Chapter 25- The News

Chapter 25

~Alaska~

Tessa is going to be alright. She is going to be okay. Tessa is fine.

I repeat to myself over and over as I rock back and forth in the plastic chair that I have been sitting in for atleast five hours now. Even with my warm clothes the hospital corridor is freezing, and it's still empty. Maya and Tyler are totally dead. Maya is snoring and Tyler is talking in his sleep.

It is only six in the morning and Tessa's body is still under going surgery. I can't think anything good of this. I try to force myself into thinking that everything will be okay.

If I hadn't come then maybe the girls wouldn't of gone either, then Tessa wouldn't be in surgery and I would be sleeping.

I close my eyes and bring my arms to my chest and I try to stay warm while I drift off to sleep.

"Alaska... Alaska..." I hear someone whisper to me and I feel something poke me near the eye. I swat my hand and I feel myself slap something. It's Maya. I slowly open my eyes and I rub my face. The bright hallway lights blind me and I sit upright from the hospital chair.

"Hey, you were out for about an hour. The doctor is coming out soon." Maya says and I get up from the seat and I stretch while yawning. The hard plastic chair was digging into my back the whole time and now I feel my pain on my left side of my back.

Tyler is sitting in his chair flicking through a sports magazine looking bored like the rest of us in the hallway. I look around the hallway and I see a few rows down from us Tessa's mother and father.

The emergency surgery door opens and everyone gets up from there seat eager to hear about the news. The doctor looks wrecked, like all of us.

"Well, how can I say this." The doctor says and I feel my stomach drop and my throat tighten.

"Tessa's body took a large amount of alcohol that had a dangerous type of drug put into it. The drug had caused her body to shut down and cut her lungs along with her stomach. She is now breathing but she won't be able to eat or take huge amounts of breaths for atleast two months. She will not be able to walk for a few weeks as it will cause to much pain to her stomach and heart. Even through she has been through surgery and we have tried out hardest to do what we can, she is in a coma. She could last from a few days to two weeks in the coma." The doctor says and he looks at all our faces as I try to keep my eyes at the floor.

She could never wake up from a coma, she could die. I repeat that over and over to myself and I mentally slap myself. I can't keep thinking like this, things will only get worse.

"Okay, thank you doctor, you did the best you could." Tessa's mother says and her and Tessa's father go sit back down with their faces still struck with anxiety.

Maya takes my hand and she sits us both back down on the plastic chairs. "I think we need to get out of this corridor for a bit and visit Tessa. Or we should just go back to your place and come later." Maya says and I sigh. I want to sleep but I also want to see Tessa.

"Let's go to my place now. They won't let visitors in now." I say and Maya nods with her eyes almost closing from her two hours of sleep she got on a green plastic chair.

"Hey Tyler. Are you coming back with us?" I ask looking back at Tyler and he nods.

"Yeah I'm coming. But how exactly are we getting home?" Tyler asks.

"We can catch the train. One is coming in ten minutes." I say and he begins following us down the corridor to the elevator. The hospital is still empty with the same lady at the caferteria bench. We make our way out the doors and into the cool morning. A few cars buzz down the roads and the train station is just across the road from us.