Chapter 18- Fairy Floss Boy

Chapter 18

~Alaska~

Jake had invited me to go with him to the towns local fair. I said yes, of course when he asked me at school during lunchtime. Of course Tyler had invited himself and so did Maya. Maya said she didn't want to take down a time for a chance to get a picture of Jake and I with Tyler in the background.   So I guess it's not going to to be just Jake and I as I was hoping for.

We have another two of our annoying friends  but one of the only friends we really want tagging along with us. It's going to be hard to score some alone time with Jake.

Maya gave me my blue tight skinny jeans along with a plain white baggy t-shirt that actually looks good with my skinny jeans. I found a pair of my white converse and I also paired that with my outfit. Most or all of the girls from my school will be dressing as if it's a strip club. Including Annabell. Well Annabell might even come with nothing on, she would do that. 

"So where is Tessa?" I ask Maya as I apply one coat of lip balm over my lips and smacking my lips together. 

"At her grandparents house. Her grandfather died." Maya says ignoring my gaze as I look at her. She obviously dosen't really want to talk about it. During the summer, Maya, Tessa and I had spent time at Tessa's grandparent's house. We actually grew quiet close with her grandparents and now that her grandfather is gone it's like our own family has gone. He had the best jokes, that where Maya got most of her jokes. 

"Oh yeah, right." I say suddenly remembering her grandfather had passed away. My phone vibrates on my dresser, I grab my phone and see a message pop up from Jake.

Jake:

I'm coming inside to say hi. Are u ready??

Me:

All ready, Tyler will probs let you in. See you in 5 mins.

I say and Jake dosen't reply. What is he going to say back anyway? 'K'?  The door bell rings and I hear Tyler and Jake talk. That's our cue to come downstairs. 

"Jake is here, he is going to say hi to my mum so we can meet them all downstairs in about five minutes." I say clicking my phone off and sliding it in my back pocket. I grab my wallet and I put it with my phone along in my back pocket.

"Okay, do I look good?" Maya asks standing in front of me wanting me to approve of her clothing and her makeup.

"Look's good. Maya you always look good. Even when you wake up looking like someone had just choked you." I say giving Maya a smile as she playfully slaps me on the arm. 

"I will strangle you in your sleep." Maya sarcastically threatens and I laugh at her threat. She wouldn't even hurt that small snail back last year, she wouldn't strangle her best friend.

"You do that Maya. As you know I'm a ninja and you can't hurt me in my sleep." I say raising my eyebrows at Maya and I do a weird hand movement that I think that Ninja's do. 

"Yeah, yeah okay. Let's go say hi to your boyfriend shall we?" Maya says opening the door for. "Ladies first." Maya says bowing down and holding the door open. I walk out the door and Maya walks out after me and closes it behind her. Maya follows me downstairs into the kitchen where Jake and Tyler are. I enter the kitchen and Jake's eyes lay on me. I see out of the corner of my Tyler looking at me. I smile at him slightly then I go to quickly hug Jake.