Chapter 27- It Was A Mistake

**** 

 Chapter 27

~Alaska~

I wake up to my phone vibrating in my hands. I get up from my bed and I look around my room. It's only three in the morning. I must of fallen asleep while doing my homework. My homework and my laptop lay on the corner of the bed. My laptop is dead so I just put it on my desk and I kick my homework off my bed. I check my phone. Missed call from Jake. I sigh as I try to keep my eyes open but I can't. I swipe my phone to unlock it and I dial Jake's number.

"Hey, Alaska." Jake's voice greets me on the other line.

"Hey Jake. Why were you calling me?" I ask and yawn as I look at my bed. I hope he finished talking to I can get back to bed. The overload of homework was keeping me up all night.

"Go to your window." Jake says and I get off my bed and I go to my window. I see Jake standing below my window and he waves at me. I wave back and I smile. 

"Come outside. Let's go for a walk." Jake says.

"Okay, I'm just going to put a hoodie on." I say hanging up and grabbing my hoodie and an old pair of converse. I quickly put my hoodie and my shoes on and I creep downstairs. As I walk past Tyler's room I hear Tyler talking but I continue to ignore it. After Tyler kissed me I've been trying to keep my distance from him. He dosen't worry me anymore.  I creep down the stairs and I make it to the front door. I try to gently click open the door but it creaks as it opens. I shut the door behind me before anyone comes out from their rooms. I see Jake outside on the grass and I walk up to him and I wrap my arms around him.

"Hey pretty boy." I say burying my head into his hoodie that smells good. I breathe in trying to keep the scent in but it clears off it seconds. 

"Where shall we go?" Jake says in an English accent.

"The park. I haven't been on the spinning wheel for a while. And you should keep the English accent. It's very sexy." I say putting on a English accent and he smiles.

"Okay then. I will keep it then. If it makes me sexy then I will never shut up." Jake says in his sexy English accent.  "So, where is the park?" Jake asks.

"Just up the road. Near the lake." I say and Jake nods. We begin walking up the street and the cool air blows against me. I wrap my sleeves around my hands and I hold my hands in my pockets.  Soon enough the park comes into view and I run up to the spiny wheel that I spent most of my ten year old day's on. I jump onto the center of the wheel and Jake begins pushing the wheel around until the wheel is spinning out of control. I hold onto a bar under m and I crouch down and I try to hold my stomach in. I scream as I feel the wheel spin even faster and soon enough everything is a blur. Jake jumps on and he sits down next to me as the wheel spins out of control.

I feel sick as the blur turns around me. I focus on the pole in front of me and Jake's face. 

"I feel sick." I say.

"So do I. Let's see how long we can last on this." Jake says and I nod. I used to sit on this wheel with Maya and we would spin ourselves sick. It was gross but fun. 

Soon enough I feel like I'm about to vomit and I give Jake a look that I'm about to throw up. Jake looks at me and he looks like he is about to throw up. The wheel is still spinning out of control.

"I think the wheel is broken. It hasn't slowed down." Jake says and I laugh. That's why everything loves this wheel, it's broken and it spins out of control.

"That's the fun of it. It dosen't stop unless you force it to stop." I say and Jake looks sick. 

"Jump off." I say to Jake and he shakes his head and hugs the pole. He looks really sick. 

I grab the two poles beside of me and the wind whips past my face and my hair flutters behind me. I pull back on the poles and I throw myself off before I realize what I'm doing.

I hit the bark with a thud and my head hurts along with the rest of my body. My broken arm hurts from landing on it and I feel like I'm about to throw up. My insides turn and I feel everything come out of me onto the bark. I close my eyes and I feel sick and hurt from the jump.

"Alaska! Are you okay?" I expect Jake to be running to me but Tyler is running to be shouting out if I'm okay. I nod my vision blurry and I see two of Tyler.

"I'm fine. I just jumped off the wheel and I guess I threw up." I say looking down at what lays below me and I wipe my mouth with a horrible taste. 

"Tyler. What are you doing here?" Jake shouts as he gets up from the ground and he looks as angry as ever. Jake must of jumped off to but obviously didn't see me throwing up. Tyler had followed Jake and I then. Tyler followed us. 

"I was just going for a walk and I heard you two shouting and then I saw Alaska jump then this happen!" Tyler says. He didn't follow us?

"You didn't follow us?" I blurt out and Tyler gives me a puzzled look.

"Why would I follow you? I needed some fresh air and I had come across this park with crazy people shouting and vomiting." Tyler says and I laugh. He is right. I'm crazy.

"Tyler, you need to stay away from us. You have already caused enough shit." Jake says and I look up at Jake. i get up from the ground.

"Jake, please. Jake let's go." I say to Jake but he shakes his head and he faces Tyler.

"You son of a bitch. I forgot to do this." Jake says and he throws his fist into Tyler's jaw. I jump at Jake and try to get Jake of Tyler as Tyler is lying on the ground. Tyler looks lifeless and I block Jake from hitting Tyler.

"Jake! What the hell?" I say to Jake and he rubs his fists after his fists just impacting with Tyler's face. 

"Why are you protecting Tyler? He kissed you, huh?" Jake says. I look down at the ground and I remember that I kissed Tyler. I was going to push the kiss further but then I realized that I was with Jake.

But I wanted Tyler.  I wanted more of him than I ever wanted of Jake or anyone else. 

"Alaska... Alaska, kissed me back..." Tyler whispers from the ground and my face flushes. I now it's what a boyfriend dose, most boyfriends would do anything to protect their girl, but I can't let Jake bash Tyler. I can't let Jake or anyone hurt someone because I've what I've done. I feel the whole kiss was my fault. If I would've had or shown no interest in him then maybe he wouldn't of done what he had done. Then none of this would've happened. 

"You..what?" Jake says sounding hurt and I feel myself regret everything I done. Why did I have to kiss Tyler back? I say to myself and I bite my lip so hard I taste blood. 

"Jake, it was a mistake. When someone kisses you-" I say but Jake cuts me off by turning his back to me and bringing his hood to his head. 

"Alaska. Please. Just Don't talk to me." Jake says and I stare at his back for a moment before I realize that I've been wasting my time with these boys. I knew that once  I said 'yes' to Jake when he asked me out, I had a gut feeling that I would get hurt during the process. 

It's what happens to every girl who tries to date these boys.  It happens to every girl who has felt feelings for these boys. Or even loved one. I don't know now which one I feel for, but I sure hope it's neither of them.

I feel my eyes swell with tears and I run off from the bark and onto the footpath. I hear Tyler call out my name but I ignore him, I ignore everything.

I flip my hood over my head and I bury my hands into my pockets will tears stream down from my eyes.  My vision becomes blurred from all the tears and I see my house come up in the distance. I guess now it's about four-thirty in the morning. The sky is starting to slightly light up but I don't care. I just want to lie in my bed and cover myself with my blankets, and cry every bit out of me. 

I knew that sooner or later that kissing back Tyler would bite me in the ass. 

It hasn't just bitten me in the ass, it's eaten me all together.