Chapter 1- Bumping In The Hallways

Chapter 1

ALASKA'S POV***

"Oh, I love you Bella... I love you so much now let me kiss you." My best friend Maya rants on as we watch Twilight at the dead of night. My other best friend Tessa is lying out on my bed asleep.

"Can we just go to sleep? I'm about to pass out because I'm so tired." I say as my eyes fall shut but I force them back open.

"No just wait. Look they kiss, see. First he sparkles that a diamond in the sun then they get it on. Why can't we find boys like that?" Maya complains too loudly.  Tessa shifts over in her sleep but dosen't wake up.

"There are no boys that sparkle like diamonds under the sun Maya." I reply but Maya just crosses her arms over her chest.

"There are boys like that. Edward." Maya says pointing to my TV that is playing Twilight.

"Maya how much packets of those gummy worms did you eat?" I ask but Maya just pokes her tounge out at me.

"I ate more than I can count." Maya says and looks back at the TV that is playing another boring scene of Twilight. I have watched this movie too many times with Maya and it's getting on my nerves.

"Tomorrow we can go find some hot guys that would actually be interested in us. Can we just go to sleep? We have seen this movie before." I say and Maya just rolls her eyes and shuts my TV off.

"Okay, since it's only twelve at night I need a glass of water before I go sleep. I'm sleeping on this stupid blow up bed." Maya says and sighs as she looks at the small blow up bed beside my double bed. 

"You can sleep with Tessa. I'd rather go to sleep with a horse then sleep in a bed with her." I say pointing to Tessa. Maya shrugs her shoulders and lies down next to Tessa.

I open my door slowly hoping it won't creak as I open the door and creep down the hallway. I walk lightly down the hall and I pass the living room, with my mother and my three brothers and sprawled out on the big couch. I walk over and shut the TV off that is playing an episode of The Simpsons.

My mother has been controlling ever since my father had left us. My father had been a drunk who abused us around the house including my mother. My mother got the worst of it, she was once sent into hospital and was forced to say she had driven the car into the garage. My father had abused me too. I had tried to forget about everything as everytime I thought about it, those thoughts would haunt me. I have a small scar running from my shoulder blade to the centre of my back. It happened when I was bashed down into a glass cupboard. The glass had been forced into my skin and left a faint mark.

I quickly kiss my mother on the forehead and walk off down to the kitchen where I was suppost to grab a glass of water for Maya, might as well have a glass myself. I pour myself a cold glass of water and drain it down with one drink. The cold ache from the water burning down  my throat. 

I shut off all the lights and grab Maya's glass of water before heading back down to my bedroom. The house always looks different dark. The huge stretch of the hallway and the big dip of the stairs. I walk up the stairs and walk down to my room. I shut the door behind me and turn on my small table lamp.

I hand Maya her glass of water and she thanks me.  Maya drains the water down with one drink. "Must of been the popcorn. I'm so thirsty." Maya complains and I point to my bathroom.

"You can drink the toilet water next time you want a glass of water." I say sitting down on the un-comfortable blow up bed next to my own bed. 

"Okay, as long as it's clean water." Maya says shrugging her shoulders and lying back down in my bed, shuffling the blanket over her until she closes her eyes, and finally shuts up.