Chapter Thirty-Eight*She's Out Of Control!

As soon as I walked back into Derek's house I ran into his study and barged in.

"Alex? Back so early?" He smiled.

"KL can I speak to Derek please?" He nodded and walked out; as he did he grabbed the briefcase and left the room.

"KL? I didn't know you were on first name basis." He laughed.

"You killed them ..."

"Who?"

"You know who.... WHAT THE FUCK DEREK!"

"Don't raise your voice at me Alexandra! Sit down." His cold passive voice caused shivers down my spine.

"I did what I had to do..."

"What you had to do was put them into place... not MURDER THEM!" I cried

"What I do is my business not yours ..."

"It is my business when I'm staying in the same house as you!"

"Don't make me laugh, you've been there and you've done the same, so has your father and your mother ... we are all the same..."

"DONT YOU DARE! WE ARE NOT THE SAME! WE FOUGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY!"

"AND I FOUGHT FOR MY FAMILY!" He finally shouted back.

"NO YOU DIDN'T! You did that for your reputation... Hunters don't kill to threaten, we do what we do to help better the world..."

"The men who did that to you Alex...have been killing kids for god knows how many years ... so don't you DARE QUESTION ME ON WHAT I DO!"

"You used the word family as your reason, but families don't do that shit, that's not the example they should be setting, once you learn to grow up and earn respect the REAL way... that's when I will give it back to you Derek." With that I walked out and slammed the door shut. KL handed me my briefcase and I walked up to my bedroom.

The day shone bright as I ran back inside the house from my morning run with KL. I smiled and carried on as normal... well that was until I got into school. I decided to let 4 drive me instead of Linc and Nessa as I didn't have to be in until 3rd period so I had a pretty chilled morning. Walking into the boring building I smiled as I locked eyes with Nessa and the rest of the group.

"We have a problem." Nessa grabbed my arm and dragged me outside.

"Now what?" I groaned not wanting to deal With whatever shit was happening.

"Everyone's been talking about some fight, apparently Kristal and her mates are going to jump you today."

"That's the big news?" I laughed at the thought. "What time?"

"Lunch ... please don't entertain it Alex, you're better than them." Nodding I rolled my eyes and made my way back into school and carried on with my day.

It was finally lunch time and I wasn't the only one who noticed this. As soon as the bell rang everyone in my class looked at me. Standing up I walked out and into the cafeteria where I was met with my friends. We ate, laughed and didn't give two flying fucks about anyone around us. That was until a kid walked up towards us.

"Alex ... we need your help, there's a fight happening outside...Kristal is beating a freshman up! Please help!" With that he ran away. Standing up Linc grabbed my arm.

"You do know it's a trap right ...."

"Oh I know, I just want to get this show and tell, over and done with." With that being said we all walked out.