Chapter Twenty-Four*The Skyler Mellow

Alex' P.O.V

"Im surprised Derek didn't open the door and threaten me."

"Hahah nah he's a softie at heart, he isn't that bad." I stuck up for my uncle as I hugged Linc.

"So the plan was for us to go out and get something to eat, but my mom cooked and is insisting that you come over to eat with us instead..." he trailed off.

"Great, let's go." I smiled and walked down.

"But I promise to take you out after, we will go for a drive and I want to show you my favourite spot." He took my hand and led me to his house, which wasn't that long of a walk. Walking into the house it was very similar to Derek's in the sense of layout and size but it seemed a lot more homely.  A number of family photos around. Walking into the living room Vanessa was sat on her laptop watching a movie; as soon as she saw me she took out her headphones and popped up.

"Girllll you look so fit...damnnn" she winked and hugged me.

"Ahaha thanks, it feels so weird to get dressed up again." I smiled and sat down next to her.

"You need to start getting dressed up more at school; you will have every guy head over heels you know."

"No she doesn't..." Linc rolled his eyes at the thought of me getting checked out by other guys, using this as a perfect excuse to piss him off Vanessa spoke up again.

"You're right, she doesn't need to seeing as all the guys have already fallen for her."

"Who?"

"Never mind..." she lingered

"Nessa stop haha before he has a little hissy fit." I smirked

"Dinner is ready guys." I heard a small voice, with that we all got up and walked to the kitchen. Standing next to the large family table was a timid body, she was around 5ft 5 with long blonde hair, and she had piercing blue eyes and was fairly tanned.

"Oh darling I didn't hear you come in, it's nice to meet you, im Samantha." She grasped me into a tight hug, hugging her back i smiled and finally parted.

"Alexandra. You have such a beautiful house."

"Why thank you darling." With that we all sat down and started to pass the food around.

"Wow, it smells amazing." I awed

"Wait until you taste it, moms an amazing cook!" Linc complemented

We ended up talking whilst eating for around 10 minutes. I got to know a lot about the family.

"I didn't know you was adopted." I asked Nessa

"Yup, moms a nurse at the hospital and she was there when they found me."

"Found?"

"Yeh, they call me a miracle baby, they found me in a trash can in an alleyway and I was rushed into hospital." she smiled

"Wow..."

"I fell in love with her instantly and knew she was mine." Samantha smiled at her daughter, as much as I loved the moment my heart shattered at the sight. I guess I never dealt with my parent's death properly and seeing their relationship reminded me of my mom and I.

"Sorry im late guys." A tall 6ft man walked in, wearing a suit and looking a lot like Linc he placed his briefcase down and pecked Samantha on the forehead then went to sit down.

"You must be Alex, I'm Harvey." He smiled and started to eat.

"It's Alexandra hunny." Samantha corrected