Chapter Seven* Her song

Alex's P.O.V

Sitting in the truck for god knows how long, I started to get bored and itchy to get out from here. Throughout the ride, they were communicating thoroughly through Russian as they thought I couldn't understand them. More fool them.

"Chto my delayem s ney, kogda my poluchayem k vorotam ? oni ne mogut uvidet' odnu iz nikh v peredney chasti." (What do we do with her when we get to the gates? They can't see one of them in the front!") One of Hio's men questioned.

"Zatknis' i pozvol'te mne imet' s ney delo . YA skazal vam ne govorit' , yesli u vas yest' chto-to poleznoye skazat'. (Shut the fuck up and let me deal with her. I told you not to speak unless you have something useful to say!") Hio responded under his breath. What an ungrateful pig. If I had my own small army of men I wouldn't treat them like dogs.

I listened in throughout the whole ride, but they mostly just talked about drugs, sex and Beyoncé. Men.

"Nadia." I jumped as one of Hio's men was nudging me trying to wake me as I ended up falling asleep. I opened my eyes to reveal I was now in a small town, it was really empty, no one was outside surprisingly as it was midday and burning hot.

"You get out, Hio calling for you." he attempted to speak English but hinted for me to get out. Jumping out I took in my surroundings, rule 1, analysis.

There was a bar on my left, and I could hear shuffling coming from inside, a few other shops surrounded the empty street including a supermarket and a small hardware shop. There were people peeking from their houses through their windows on top of the shops, the vibe was similar to the ones in the western movies where the cowboys and Indians have a fight in the street and everyone is watching from inside. The only difference is that the battle is between the town and the Russian mob. But in this scenario the town had already lost as they all hide once the mob enter.

"Nadia, come here." Hio called me to the back of truck. "I know you don't want too, but u need to sit in back, for 5 minutes until we pass gates."

Nodding he opened up the doors revealing the back of the truck. There wasn't much in there but boxes on the side.  I was expecting children and women but instead got empty boxes. This isn't right. As soon as I got up he closed and locked the doors. Pitch black It was silent, I could once again hear my heart beating so loud I started to panic.

Come on Alex, man up.

As I started to walk along the truck someone grabbed my hand causing me to jump and fall back knocking the boxes. SHIT.

"Don't scream, please or they will come and hurt us." A small voice cried in a low tone.

"And then what?" Blake snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I don't know. It got dark and that's all I can remember." By now I had stopped crying and was back to reality. I knew exactly what happened but I wasn't ready to talk about it.

"Have you spoken to Ian or the guys?"

"No. As soon as it started to get heated and I arrived back, the rest of the pack went to Russia to clean up and carry on with the mission."

"So, you haven't spoken to anyone?"

"Of course I have, I was debriefed as soon as I got back, I've been none stopped questioned ever since I stepped foot in this fucking place. Just let me breathe."

"Okay babe, just have an early night and I will pop in tomorrow."  With that Blake got up and left my house leaving me sat there alone.

Sitting there for about an hour, I got up and walked towards the piano. My hands glided over the top and onto the keys. I could feel my mom's touch on them. Her soft delicate hands once playing for hours to calm me down after a bad day. Where she would sit, play for hours and just write in her note book.

Picking up her book and opening it to the first page, I sat in her chair, memorised the keys scribbled onto the pages and played her song.

----

Vote, comment and share <3

-Irum Bashir