Chapter Eight* Pack your bags

Flashback 2 years ago.

"Is that all you got?"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes at the group of boys who had narrowed me into a corner of the old road street alley.

"Come on, I want to see you get angry."

"leave.me.alone." I laughed and attempted to push one of the guys out of my way. I didn't know any of these 6 guys. They were all over the age of 17 who looked pissed. They followed me from school and when I was alone targeted and bounced onto me.

"Alex Hunter. You're the famous army baby, I don't see what's so special about a twig?" one of the guys laughed.

"Be careful, I hear she bites." Someone else chuckled

"She's a dog, just like her mom." The 'alpha' of the wannabe boy band group, attempted to throw me off guard. You see you can't just use my mom's name and suspect me to get angry; I'm a trained soldier who's trained for the worst situations.

"Woof" I laughed and sat on the ground. "Kick me all you want, say whatever you want. Wake me up when you decide to stop playing your childish games."

"Who said anything about kicking you?" once the alpha said this, he wiggled his eyebrows and started to unbuckle his belt.

"I wouldn't if I was you." I smirked and got back up. As I said this 2 of his guys grabbed one arm each and pinned me to the wall. I started to laugh and winked. Before they could respond I jumped and kicked the alpha where the sun don't shine causing him to double over crying out. I then twisted my body freeing both arms and started to attack.

3 minutes later, all 6 guys were on the floor crying out. I was currently on top of the alpha punching him nonstop in the face. Each punch causing his breathing to slow down. By now I could hear people running towards me.

"ALEX!" someone called out to me. Ignoring them I started to punch harder and harder.

"ALEXANDRA PHOXNIX HUNTER!" I finally stopped punching, as if I had come free from a daze or a paranormal unconscious state as what I was doing was not me. It was as if someone had taken over me. Someone evil and someone I wouldn't want to know.

My dad ordered me to stop through making me come to my senses by calling my full name. You know you're in trouble when your mom or dad calls you by your full name. That was the situation here where I actually for once feared my parents through the death tone in their voice.

Mack and Dawson grabbed me and lifted me so I was facing my father.

"ALEX! WHAT THE HELL?" He screamed in my face like I was one of his men he was commanding.

"HE WAS GOING TO RAPE ME! Where were you all 5 minutes ago?" I screamed back and bolted home before he could reply due to embarrassment. Once I got home I jumped onto my bed and started to sob.

The minute I heard the door open I wiped my eyes to hide the tear stains and went to lock my door, but just as I was going to shut it my dad entered my room.

"Alex, baby. Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

"Of course not. Go away!" Being a moody tween then (14) I acted like a spoilt brat. Well I did almost get raped. But that isn't really an excuse in my position to speak to my dad like that. But as I was little miss perfect I always got away with it.

"Baby, please talk to me. What do you want?"

"MY MOM! Not you! Go back to work dad and leave me alone." My mom at this time was deployed somewhere for a mission where as my dad decided to hold back on base as one of the lead commanders observing.

I imagined my father running into my room like he did 2 years ago. But soon came to reality as I knew he wasn't coming back. Nor was my mother.

It has now been over a week and I had hardly spoken to anyone. The boys were all still in Russia completing the mission, and I refused to talk to anyone else or train with anyone else. So once again I was sat in my back garden just lying on the hammock. Taking out the brick I called a phone I recognised the beeping as someone was trying to contact me. Answering it a familiar voice spoke.

"Alex, how are you?" Brennon questioned.

"Nerd, what do you want?" We called Brennon our nerd as he was our tech wiz. His speciality was computers, hacking and communications so a lot of his missions he was located at base. He was the glue for us all. Without him we wouldn't stick together.

"Alex, I have news for you but I can't speak just yet. I will call you back in an hour but I need you to start packing your bags."

"My bags? For what? Where am I going? Russia?"

"No, just pack your bags, I will explain everything later." With that he ended the call leaving me to my thoughts. An hour later on the dot the nerd attempted to call me again. Answering I put it onto loud speaker as I attempted to pack my clothes.

"You can't be home alone for the next few months. The mission didn't catch so we have been extended here." Brennon jumped right into the conversation.

"What has that got to do with me? I can live by myself."

"No you can't. The mission didn't catch. So you're not safe alone, you need to be with someone."

"I'll invite my friends round." I sarcastically replied

"ALEX." Ian jumped in.

"WHAT?" I mimicked his tone

"You're going to stay with your uncle, Phoenix's brother. There is a plane ticket under your name with Ruth at camp, your flight leaves tomorrow morning." Ignoring everything he just said one thing stuck out like a sore thumb.

"What uncle?"

"They didn't tell you yet?"

"No? Wait what!" I was getting overly confused at this point.

"They were going to tell her after the mission." Someone whispered a bit too loud as I heard exactly what he said, I assumed It was Mack as I could recognise that husky voice from anywhere.

They paused for a couple of seconds until Ian finally spoke up again.

"Alex. You're going to go live with your dad's older brother, Derek Hunter."

----

I just saw this video linked above after I wrote the chapter and thought it fitted perfectly! I rate that girl!!! 

Not too keen on this chapter! I know the story line is going slow at the moment and it might not make sense just yet, but a lot of the stories and flashbacks will all join in later on in the book! Just keep on reading and I promise it will get better!!

Vote, Comment and share <3

-Irum Bashir