Sunday // Part 1

"Ally's not here yet?" Lauren asked with a puzzled look on her face, sitting down across from you in the Joe's Diner booth.

"No, not yet."

"Hm," Lauren checked her phone, "she's ten minutes late."

"So are you, Lo."

"Yeah, but that's expected."

You yawned and ran a hand through your hair. It was only ten in the morning- an unusual time for you to be up on a Sunday. That said, you were babysitting with Dinah at noon and you wanted to meet with your two closest friends before then.

"So, how are you and Ally doing?" You inquired through another yawn. You stayed up pretty late last night trying to come up with ways to ask Dinah to homecoming; another reason you wanted to see your friends.

She shrugged. "We're good, I guess. We're in that weird middle ground between dating and not."

"Are you gonna make it official soon?"

Lauren slipped off her jacket and laid it next to her. "Yeah, maybe at the dance. Maybe sooner. I don't really have a plan."

"When do you ever?"

Just then, Ally's white Prius pulled into the parking space next to your black Jeep Wrangler. She rushed into the restaurant, probably not wanting to be any more late than she already was.

"Oh my gosh, you guys I am so sorry I'm late!" She apologized, sliding in the booth next to Lauren.

Lauren shot you a wink, then looked at the shorter girl in feigned annoyance. "Allyson, I'm very disappointed in you. Me and Y/N here have been waiting for about thirty minutes."

Ally buried her face in her hands. "I'm sorry."

Lauren laughed and kissed Ally's forehead. "I'm kidding. Glad you made it."

Ally hit the other girl lightly but seemed relieved. Under the table, you saw her take Lauren's hand, and you smiled gently to yourself.

The shorter girl picked up a menu with her free hand and searched through it.
"What's good here?" She asked, Lauren now looking with her.

"Everything here is good, honestly."

"I think I'll get pancakes. What about you, Lo?"

"I'm getting a sausage biscuit. Y/N?"

"Um... I'm going with an omelette. Dinah had one once and it looked amazing."

Lauren smirked and held back a chuckle.

"What, Lo?"

She bit her lip. "You come here with Dinah?"

"Yeah. What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you and Dinah going on dates in this diner."

"They weren't dates. And we've only been here twice."

A waiter named Shawn then took your orders and left you three to converse further.

"How was the game on Friday?" Lauren inquired.