Sunday // Part 2

After breakfast with Lauren and Ally, you climbed into your Jeep and searched your texts for Dinah's address. Once you found it, you pulled out of your parking space and drove to your friend's house, humming half heartedly to the pop tune on the radio along the way.

You weren't really focused on the song, though. All you could think about was what Lauren said concerning Dinah's speculated expulsion. You highly doubted that she was actually expelled, but that theory sat in the back of your mind, not loud but constant, like a lasting headache. Pulling into Dinah's neighborhood a few minutes later, you made a mental note to talk to the Polynesian about it.

Careful not to run over the tall girl and her younger siblings who were standing in the drive way, you parked your vehicle next to Dinah's truck and hopped out.

"Hey DJ," you called.

Dinah had an irate expression plastered on her features as her brother and sister ran to greet you. "Are you kidding me Y/N? You have this bomb ass Jeep and we've been riding in my janky truck this whole time?"

"Sorry, Dinah. Next time."

Her annoyance quickly molded into a smile. "I'm kidding."

"And who might you be?" You asked the younger children.

Dinah came to stand by her siblings. "This is Regina," she gestured to the girl, "and this is Seth," she finished as she picked up the small boy and set him on her hip.

"Hi Regina, hi Seth. I'm Y/N."

Regina grinned shyly. "Hi Y/N."

Dinah smiled even bigger. You could tell her family was extremely important to her.

The taller girl shifted her brother in her hold and turned toward the house. "C'mon, Y/N," she stepped inside, "we're going to the park and we gotta get ready."

You followed her lead and stepped into the house.

"Can you help Gina tie her shoes?" Dinah asked you, taking Seth into the living room and putting who knows what into a bag.

You scratched the back of your neck and Regina looked up at you expectantly. "Uh, yeah, totally."

The young girl sat on the bottom stair with her shoes and put them on, then stuck out her feet to you. You chuckled and tied them, and were taken by surprise when she stood and grabbed your hand. Dinah and Seth then came to the door as well, the former ushering all of you outside and locking the house up.

"Who's ready to go to the park?" Dinah asked excitedly, earning a cheer from Regina and a sleepy nod from Seth.

Regina held your hand the entire walk to the park. She only let go when she saw that you all were almost there, then she proceeded to sprint off toward the swings on the playground.

Dinah turned her head to look at her little brother. "Do you wanna swing?"

He shook his head slowly, eyelids drooping and head falling slightly to the side.

You chuckled. "Somebody is tired."

Dinah laughed quietly and led you to a bench on the side of the playground. You sat down with Dinah on your far left and Seth in the middle, his small body sprawled out and asleep.

"So, how long do you have to watch them?" You asked Dinah, the two of you watching Regina swing back and forth. A cool afternoon breeze created a calm atmosphere, and Dinah shivered. You noticed she didn't have her hoodie.

She shrugged. "Until six or so."

"Where is the rest of your family?"

"My other siblings have a lacrosse tournament about an hour from here. I thought I'd make it easier on my parents and take the little ones."