twenty three: mexico...again

+++

"Mexico?" I exclaimed squeezing my eyes shut, "Again? Really?" I asked Stiles as we stood in the station.

"Yes, Scott and Kira had been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico." Stiles nodded.

"Stiles," Sheriff sighed, "Even if Deaton is right about this...the best thing to do is go through the proper channels."

"Dad-"

Sheriff continued to argue, "That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

"Dad, we can't just wait around for the wheels of the bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay?" Stiles explained, evidently stressed. "Someone needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them! I'm going! I'll go alone!"

I coughed from behind Stiles and raised my eyebrows as I stared at the back of his head. I watched his shoulders drop.

Stiles let out sigh and leaned his head back, "I'll go with Lainy."

I smiled and crossed my arms across my chest in satisfaction.

Sheriff narrowed his eyes at us, "I can keep you both from going."

"I'd find a way."

"I can throw you both into a cell!"

"I'd still find a way," Stiles shrugged and then pointed at me, "Lainy can use her eyes to possess you and let us go."

Sheriffs eyes widened into the size of saucers while his eyebrows rose in both fear and shock.

My hand rested on my forehead while I shook my head slowly, annoyed that Stiles would even say something like that.

"I'm not going to do that, Sheriff." I reassured him.

Sheriff closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh. "Stiles please, just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!" Sheriff continued, "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to, if nothing turns up then I will book two flights to Mexico."

I coughed again and looked at Sheriff with raised eyebrows.

"Three flights," Sheriff corrected, "We'll all go, okay?"

"Okay, okay, great." He finally agreed and then clapped his hands together, "Do I get a gun?"

Sheriff and I looked at each other and then shouted at Stiles, "No!"

+++

"How did both of them get taken anyways?" I asked as Malia, Stiles and I walked up the stairs to Scott's room. "If Kate was only after Scott, what was the point of taking Kira too?"

Stiles quickly answered, "Kate has been after Scott, so she tracked him down and took him back to Mexico. And I guess Kira was there when it happened."

"What were Kira and Scott doing together?" I asked as we stood in Scott's room.

Stiles hesitated while digging through Scott's closet. I turned my head over to Malia in hopes of an answer.

"Alright, will someone answer?" I exclaimed.

Stiles sighed and turned to face me, "They may have gone on a date."

My body stiffened as I stared blankly at Stiles.

"A date." I deadpanned. "Seriously..."

"Nothing's official yet, Lainy. It was just one date." Malia reassured me.