fifteen: the truth

+++

"Do you have a plan?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah I have a plan." Stiles nodded.

"Is it a good one?" I scoffed.

He hesitated, pouting his bottom lip as he thought for a second to himself.

"I have a plan." He repeated with a few nods of his head. "Scott's going to die."

My eyes widened and I looked from Stiles to Scott with confusion.

"You're going to die?" I asked Scott.

Scott pondered the thought, "Hypothetically, yes."

"But you'll be okay, right?" I asked, "Like you'll wake up?"

"Yeah, I'll be okay." Scott smiled, reaching down to hold my hand.

"Why does it have to be you?" I sighed.

"Because Scott's high on the list." Stiles answered.

"I wish I knew where I was on the list." I grumbled.

The two of them remained silent as they just stared at me. Both of them looked uneasy in my presence. I continued looking between the two of them.

"What? Why are you guys staring at me like that?"

Stiles looked at Scott before sighing and looking back to me, "We unlocked the third list."

"Am I on it?" I asked.

Scott looked at Stiles before letting out a sigh and pulling out a piece of paper from his back pocket. He then answered, "Yeah."

"How much am I worth?"

Scott looked down at the list and then back up to me, "45 million."

"No way! 45 Million, I have to see this," I gasped grabbing the list from Scott's hand. I knew it was wrong of me to be this excited about how much I was worth if I were to get killed, but for some reason I couldn't help it.

Before Scott could pull it back, I was already looking down the dead pool. My eyes going over each name until it landed on Elaine. I furrowed my brows at my last name...I was Elaine Barnes. Never in my life had I been called a Hale.

"Why does it say Elaine Hale?" I chuckled nervously looking down at the dead pool and back up to Scott and Stiles.

My amused smile faded when I realized that their expressions were stone-cold serious.

"Oh, my god, why does it say Elaine Hale?" I asked once again more firmly. I looked back down at the list trying to confirm what I had just seen, "And why is Malia Hale right under it?"

"You might want to ask Peter that." Stiles scratched the back of his neck.

"What?" I whispered, the words seething through my teeth. "How long have both of you known?"

"Just a few days," Scott answered, his tone was nervous.

"A few days?" I exclaimed, "And were either of you even going to tell me?"

"We were going to but-" Stiles began, but I was quick to interrupt.