four: "camping"

+++

I felt nervous walking into my own home, but I needed to do this eventually. I wouldn't be able to avoid this forever, I knew that deep down. I haven't been home in almost three days, and it was time to make amends with my uncle. The things that were said, we both probably regret.

I opened the door taking a deep breath in the process.

"Elaine?" I heard my uncle immediately call out, "Is that you?"

I exhaled, "Yeah."

He then appeared in the doorway of the hall and stood there, "You're back."

I nodded, trying to keep my breathing steady.

He came rushing toward me and, without any hesitation, collected me in his arms.

"I am so glad you're home," he whispered in my ear.

"I'm so sorry," I squeezed onto him tighter.

"No, I'm sorry," he apologized and pulled me back so he could look at me. "You were right to go. It's what your mother would've wanted. I was just scared- I can't loose you too."

"I shouldn't have said what I did- about you barely knowing her." I shook my head, "I didn't just loose a mother...you lost a sister, and I'm sorry."

He kissed my forehead, "Forgive and forget?"

"Forgive and forget."

"Alright, now that you're back, what do you want for dinner?" He asked clapping his hands together, "I'll cook you anything you want. You want some mac n' cheese? I'll make mac n' cheese for you. Whatever you want."

"I can't pass on your famous mac n' cheese." I smiled brightly, before feeling my phone buzz in my pocket.

I furrowed my eyebrows at Sheriff's name flashing on my phone.

My uncle smirked and before I could even ask he said, "Go. We'll rain check it."

I smiled at him before I left my house and to see what was happening now.

+++

I rushed into the Sheriff's office after shortly getting off the phone with Mr. Stilinski.

"I got here as soon as I could after I got your call," I said partially out of breath and readjusting my book bag on my shoulders.

Sheriff stood still, his arms crossed against his chest. I waited for him to say something until I looked over at the bench, where Stiles and Scott were sitting. This wasn't going to be good. All I could think of was: what did I miss?

"Oh god..." I mumbled looking at the ground and then asked Sheriff, "What's going on?"

"All right," Sheriff sighed, "All three of you, I want you to be honest with me. Absolutely and completely honest."

We all nodded in agreement, promising to tell the truth. Sheriff was obviously not messing around.

"Have you been time traveling?"

All of our faces dropped in shock at what he asked. None of us knew what to expect, but it really wasn't anything close to what he actually asked.

"Hang on, what?" Stiles shook his head, trying to clarify what he had just been asked by his dad.

Sheriff continued, "Because if time traveling is real, you know what? I'm done. I'm out. You're gonna be driving me to Eichen House."

"We found him like that," Scott stated, referring to Derek.

Origins. || teen wolf [3]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara