one: a getaway

+++

I looked down at my phone to see my uncles name flashing a bright light again. I let out a sigh and shoved my phone in my pocket.

"Is it him again?" Scott asked noticing my frustration.

I nodded, "What am I supposed to tell him when I get back? I don't even know if I could face him after what I said." I sighed feeling guilty, "Scott you should've seen the look in his eyes, I've never seen him so hurt."

"He'll forgive you, Elaine," Scott said sternly, "He cares a lot about you."

"Why are you always so sure about these things?"

Scott must've ignored what I just said as he looked around the room suspiciously. I looked to where he was looking and saw individuals speaking into walky-talkys. For being in a dance club, the mood that was set around us was very unnerving.

I leaned in discretely and whispered in his ear, "We shouldn't be seen together."

"You're right," Scott nodded.

I placed a soft kiss on his cheek and walked into the crowd of dancers. I spotted Malia and made my way over and danced along with her.

I gave her a look gesturing the people who have been observing us. She nodded giving me the impression that she had noticed too. We both knew something was going on, and by the looks of it, it didn't look good on our part.

"Something's happening." Kira ran up to us sounding worried, catching me by surprise. Clearly she was not handling this as well and as casually as Malia and I were.

Malia gave me an annoyed glance and then looked back to Kira, "I know."

"What do we do?" She asked.

"Blend in!" Malia yelled and began dancing.

Kira just stood there blankly like she didn't have a clue of what Malia had just told her to do.

"Dance with me, dumbass!" Malia yelled over the music.
Kira did what she was told but her body was moving in an awkward fashion, it matched very closely to her personality.

Malia and I both gave each other a nervous smile before Malia decided to help her out. The two of them began dancing together, catching people's attention. Soon enough there was a circle that had formed around the two of dancing and drunk people, who were cheering for them.

Even I cheered, playing along with the crowd beside me.

Once the crowd began to fade away and begin dancing on their own, I noticed the same people watching us. This time they were coming closer. I knew that it was time to fight.

Malia leaned into Kira's ear after the both of them had noticed.

"Ready?" She whispered and then both turned around to fight.

Malia was quick to slam the man's body on the floor, while Kira used her nun chucks to fight the woman off.

I heard the footsteps of another individual coming up from behind me. I decided to stay still, like I wasn't aware of it, only to catch him off guard.

I slowly closed my eyes and opened them revealing a bright white before turning around. The power of my eyes froze his entire body, as if he were paralyzed. I then ran to him, shoving him against the wall. His body collided harshly to the stone before he fell face first to the ground now unconscious.

I smirked to myself before letting my eyes fall back to a normal color.

"Good one," Malia called out to me after standing up.