nine: the key

+++

"Werewolf?" Liam pointed at Scott.

Scott replied with a nod.

Liam pointed at Malia, "Werecoyote?"

She nodded in response, and Liam moved on to Lydia, "Banshee...and you," he stated looking at me with hesitation. "What the hell is an Imperium Ocolorum?"

"Hopefully you won't ever have to find out," I responded with a smirk.

"And you're a fox?" He asked Kira.

"Kitsune..." Kira corrected, "But fox works."

Liam nodded toward Stiles and inquired, "What are you?"

"Uh..." Stiles ran his hand through his hair, "For a little while, I was possessed by an evil spirit. It was very evil."

Liam furrowed his eyebrows and continued to nod his head, "What are you now?"

"...Better?"

I wasn't able to tell if Liam fully believed us or not. He looked unconvinced to say the least, but his expression seemed to be one of confusion. The bite obviously wasn't going to kill him, so now I was just wondering if the full moon was having an effect on him yet.

Liam's eyes shifted to the duffle bag of chains that were sitting on the coffee table. He looked up to Scott, "Those for me?"

"No they're for me," Malia answered, her eyes glowing a deep shade of blue.

Liam's eyes grew wide as he body filled with fear watching Malia's eyes change.

"How'd you do that?" He asked.

"You'll learn, but first, you need to get through the full moon." Scott told him.

"The moon's already out," Liam pointed out.

Scott nodded, "And you're starting to feel something, aren't you?"

"I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of psychotic nut jobs! You guys are out of your freaking minds!"

It was obvious that his anger was growing as he voice grew more frustrated and loud.

"I don't know how you did that eye thing and I don't care! I'm walking out the door right now! If any of you try to stop me I swear, I'm gonna-" he stopped his words and began grasping onto the sides of his head. He let out a loud scream, and it sounded like he was in pain.

"Liam, what's wrong?" I asked watching as the boy dropped to the ground. "Well, Scott, I think he's starting to shift."

Liam yelled out, "You don't hear that?"

Scott and I both exchanged a glance trying to listen to whatever Liam was hearing. But we didn't even need to hear anything when we saw headlights coming down the road. I walked toward the window and noticed cars parking outside of the house. I turned back around and asked Liam, "Uh...did you tell someone about this, Liam?"

"My friend Mason," he panted, "You said it was a party."

Stiles quickly appeared next to me and looked at the window himself. We both looked at each other with worry before turning back to the large amount of teenagers that were beginning to get out of the cars.

"And who did Mason invite?" He asked looking back at Liam.

"Everyone." He answered.

There was a silent that wrapped around us while the danger of the situation sunk into each of us. Liam released another groan from his mouth before a familiar scraping of nails that were going against the wooden floor.