Narcissist [Jin:Sowon]

Sowon's POV

I left our quiet neighborhood early to get to school and walked to the bus station. On the way there, I felt like someone was tailing behind me but I just brushed off that thought. Maybe we are just going to the same direction. As I reached that bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive, that person stood beside me. Out of curiosity, I looked at the figure on my left side. 

He was non other than Kim Seokjin, a student who goes to the same school as me. That's it! He wasn't following me. We were just going to the same place. How judgmental of me. I quickly hopped in when the bus arrived and sat beside the window. To my surprise, Seokjin sat b-e-s-i-d-e me. 

"Is it fine if I seat here?" I just nodded as a response. We sat there quietly looking at the window. It was slowly drizzling and soon it was raining.

Skip to lunch time

I'm currently eating at the cafeteria alone. My friends and I had an agreement to eat together but when I was seated comfortably, messages popped up in our group chat, each one saying they couldn't eat. One 'had some extra work to do', one was 'called out in the faculty room', one was 'put into detention'.  Aren't my friends so cool? I sulked while forcing myself to eat. To cut the story short, I am eating here at the cafeteria looking dumb while seating at a table for four. That is not until Kim Seokjin popped up, seating across me. 

"Excuse me? What are you doing here?" I asked him curiously.

"I'm here to eat. Why?"

"Exactly, why are you eating here?" I asked again, this time pointing at the table.

"You're eating alone at a table for more. If you're gonna eat alone, why not choose a table where you are more suitable? This is unfair to people who will be eating together, you know?" This guy is just judgmental. It's not like it's my choice to eat alone here.

"I have my reasons, you know? So why are you seating here?" 

"Soon, more people will be barging in here and there will be less seats. Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable to seat with people you don't know?"

"It's not like we know each other."

"At least we sat beside each other at the bus. Plus, shouldn't you feel honored? People around us are probably thinking that we are a couple." I looked around to see what he was talking about and I couldn't believe my eyes. People are actually paying attention to us, whispering here and there.

"I don't care. Finish your meal and I'm gonna do the same. Let's avoid conversations."

"Fine, suit yourself." He said and we silently ate not bothering to spare a glance at each other.

Shortly after I ate, I went out of the cafeteria and walked to the comfort room to wash my hands. I'm finally relieved to have Kim Seokjin out of my sight. His popularity in here is a threat to me. If students found out that we rode at the same bus aside from eating together, it would result to a really big mess. Before I got inside, I realized that someone was tailing behind me. I guess I'm right. It's not just a fellow female student who wants to go to the toilet but it's once again Kim Seokjin.

"Are you for real?!" I started to confront him. "You aren't aware that you are about to come in here are you? We are in front of the girls' comfort room just so you know." 

"I know. I can read the sign. It says "Women". He casually said.

"So why are you following me up to here? Lame excuses won't work on me anymore. I know there's a reason why you were tailing me like a dog to its owner since early in the morning. What are you up to?"

"You make me stand out". He said with a proud smirk plastered on his face.

"Are you saying that I look ugly and when we are together your looks will stand out?"

"That's right! You got the point!" He ruffled my hair as he yelled in rejoice.

"What the hell? Whatever. I'm gonna be honest. You're already standing out. No need to follow me. You still look good."

Jin's POV

"What the hell? Whatever. I'm gonna be honest. You're already standing out. No need to follow me. You still look good."  That made me feel something. It's not right for me to be moved by this, not to mention I'm a guy. Maybe it's because I experienced a mere infatuation for her a long time ago but now it's all gone. Is it possible that it's slowly returning? NO. Kim Seokjin, no. You are Kim Seokjin, the school's national prince.  You can't fall for one person twice.

Until dismissal time, the rain comes and goes from morning till' dismissal time and it's a relief that I have an umbrella reserved in my locker. I wonder if Sowon also has one? I hope none so that I can shelter her with my-- oh my goodness Kim Seokjin you're out of your mind. Erase erase!! I rushed outside the school gates before the rain gets harder than it is now and in response to what I imagined, Sowon appeared before my eyes, running in her soaked uniform. I ran to her but before I even reached her, she turned around with annoyance evident in her eyes. 

"Until dismissal really? Until when are you gonna keep this act of yours? You see? People around here are busy with themselves rushing to the bus stop so no one really cares about your handso-"  She didn't get to finish what she was saying although I already got the hang of it. My handsome face. I quickly went to her and positioned the umbrella above us.

"FYI, I am not here to follow you. In fact, I am lending you a helping hand."

"No thank you. I don't need this. I can manage."

"Oh come on, don't be stubborn. Maybe you're even indirectly telling me to lend you my coat." I told her with a wink. I can't really help but tease her. 

In return, she pushed my shoulders as she stormed her way fast in front. I immediately caught upon her and walked with her under the rain with the umbrella above us.

The Next Day

Sowon's POV

I was walking to school the next day and guess what. Once again, I was being tailed by this dog. I looked behind me but to my shocked a hooded man in broad daylight showed up in front of me with a knife. It's a bad thing for me that we live in a quiet neighborhood that even someone has the guts to attack me early in the morning.

"Give me all of your things or get stabbed with this knife." He commanded as he pointed it to my stomach. I shivered in fear as he looked at me with a glare. I didn't know how this feels like in real life which made me shed a tear while carefully removing my things from my backpack.

"Not only those! Include your bag! Faste-" He didn't get to finish what he was saying as a familiar umbrella was swung on his back. He got caught off guard which led him to drop the knife. I immediately bent down to get the knife as I looked Seokjin skillfully hitting the man. He had no other choice but to run.

"Get up. We're getting late for the bus." We quickly picked up my things and ran to the bus before it leaves.

---------------

I was walking out of the senior building after a tiring day of school and as I was walking towards the gate of the school, I heard those familiar footsteps again. Before I can even turn around completely, Jin placed his arms around my shoulders, made me face in front and said,

"I know what you're thinking. I am not following you. I am here to protect you *wink*."