She giggles and then it all goes black.

I grip Mara tighter and try to see something, anything.

"Ryder? What's happening?" Mara asks, panic in her voice.

I just keeping trying to look around, hoping to find some sort of light.

Fast shadows start flying past, so quick you can barely see them.

"Ryder, I'm falling." Mara says.

"No you're not baby, you're right here, with me." I reply.

"I'm falling, I'm falling." She continues.

"You're fine Mara, everything's alright." I try to soothe her.

I feel her slipping out of my arms.

"I'm falling Ryder, I'm flying." She says.

"Mara! Don't let go of my hand!" I demand.

But her fingers don't tighten on my hand and her body loses contact with mine.

"I'm going Ryder, I'm falling." She keeps going.

"You're not going anywhere!" I shout.

Then her fingers slip from mine, leaving my hand cold.

Then she screams.

I gasp and shoot up, sitting on the bed.

Running my hands over my face, I wipe off the sweat that must of occured during my nightmare.

A hand grabs my arm and I jump and whip my head around to the person.

"Hey, are you okay?" Mara asks in a husky voice, her eyes squinting from sleepiness.

"Yeah, just a nightmare. I'm going to get some fresh air, go back to sleep." I reply as I caress her cheek.

She yawns and then closes her eyes, "Alright, don't be too long."

"I won't." I reply and get up, staying in my boxers but grabbing a pair of sweatpants to put on after.

I exit my house and lock the door behind me with the spare key on top of the doorframe. I don't want any unwanted vistors while I'm out.

After Claire left with Josh, Mara and I came back to my house and had some 'fun', if you know what I mean.

We need to keep Mara away from the town because Mara's parents think she's in Florida with me, which was the story we made up to keep them from wondering. Although they were a bit confused as to why she didn't say goodbye to them, Layla sent fake messages as Mara to her parents.

It also means the rest of the Pack can't know, as it could leak to Mara's parents that she's back already.

I shift into my wolf, my boxers shreading, and run into the forest. I'm burning to tell the Pack that Mara's back, their mood has been dreary and dull without their Luna, and it's been so long that the humans in the town are starting to notice.

I dodge the trees as I sprint, my giant black paws blending in with the ground.

I pick up a familiar scent and howl, running towards it.

Soon after, I hear a howl in return and my werewolf hearing picks them coming towards me too.

Josh's wolf emerges from the trees and I nod at him when we meet eyes, him nodding in return after.