He hums under his breath, snapping his fingers before pointing up to the top of the largest building in the Second District.

"Aha! That's how I summoned the Keyhole last time," Sora remembers, smacking his forehead for being so forgetful as he pulls you down the alley and towards it. "Wow, that was five years ago," he adds with a chuckle.

"Time flies when you're having... fun..."

You trail off, coming to a stop as the two of you exit the alley. All that's standing untarnished is the large building Sora had pointed out; the rest of the district has been decimated. Buildings lie in smoldering heaps and ashes, as if a fire tore through the town and destroyed everything in sight. It's completely silent, with not so much as a breeze in the air. You and Sora simultaneously release the other's hand, unable to believe your eyes.

"A-Are we too late?" you stammer, staring in horror at the rubble.

"No... No, the world is still standing," Sora points out, marching towards the building. He glances back at you. "Mind giving us a lift?"

You're confused for a moment until you realize he wants you to fly both of you to the top of the bell tower. It's hardly surprising – you swear he'd make his primary mode of transportation clinging onto you as you putt around using a wind spell if he could. You walk over to him with a small smile on your face, extending a hand towards him.

"Hold on tight," you tell him before pointing your free hand at the ground.

Your glove glows gray as you're shot up into the air, a little slower than normal since you're hauling Sora's extra body weight with you as well. The two of you tumble rather ungracefully to your feet as you land at the narrow platform standing at the top of the tower. From such a high distance you're able to see most of the world. It's almost all been destroyed, save for a few buildings here and there. Your heart lurches for all of the poor citizens, especially Donna and the puppies.

"And it should be... yup, here it is!" Sora exclaims excitedly, marching into a crack in the wall where a large bell hangs.

He grabs onto the rope, pausing as your gloved hand grabs it as well. His blue eyes dart over to you, immediately grinning at the smile on your face.

"Together?" you offer.

He still has a smile as he leans down, pressing his lips against the top of your head in a rare moment of solitary comfort.

"Always," he agrees with a nod before both of you give the rope a hard tug.

The bell rings loudly, echoing over the desolate and destroyed land like the depressed call of a world long lost. A noise like stone being dragged over concrete suddenly booms through the district. Your head snaps up, peering out over the edge of the tower and staring across the district. A fountain you had never paid much attention to, just under the remains of the Hotel, is now filled with flames, its backdrop a red mural.

"Um..."

"Just two more times!" Sora tells you quickly, noticing your apprehension.

"So that's supposed to happen?" you ask as both of you give the rope another tug.

"Mhm!"

Sure enough, once the bell finishes ringing the fountain glows with shimmering multicolored lights. The mural spins slowly, changing to a painting of butterflies. Random, you think, but cute nonetheless. One final tug, and you and Sora step back and out of the hidden room. You both stand at the edge of the tower, staring down at the mural. The painting dissolves like a wave of water, revealing a bright purple Keyhole.

Cheating Destinyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें