❤Chapter Twenty Four❤

Chapter Twenty Four

Leroy P.O.V

"You know I'm going home soon, right?" Naomi says, folding her laundry and setting it in the basket. I nod sadly, realizing how much I'd miss her. I'd gotten so used to her company. Not only would I miss her, but I'd worry about her. Kevin still hasn't been found and he could be planning to attack her the moment she's alone. 

I asked Naomi if she'd wanted to stay for a few more weeks, but she'd insisted on going home. "It's dangerous, Muffin." I'd said, trying to talk her out of it. She shook her head and plopped herself onto the couch. "I'll be alright. I really need to go home." I sighed, spent the entire day trying to get her to stay, but she wouldn't budge.  She really wanted to leave for some reason, and I don't know why.

I constantly asked myself if I'd done anything to bother her in any way. When i'd asked her, she shook her head and smiled. "Of course not. I just need to go."

"Don't be sad, Dear." Naomi says, breaking me from my thoughts. 

I half smile at her and close the shelf. I didn't believe her. Something was definitely wrong. She wasn't planning on leaving so soon, now she is. I place the other basket down and begin to walk up the stairs.

"Leroy." 

I turn and force a smile. She tied her hair into a messy bun and slipped on her purple hoodie. 

"What's wrong?" She says.

I shrug and shake my head. "I'm not sure. You tell me." Her worried features are soon replaced by disbelief.

Leroy, stop. "I'm sorry, Naomi. I'm fine." I finish walking up the stairs and shut the door, walking to the kitchen.

Pulling a cup from the pantry, I turn on the faucet and frown. She doesn't have to tell you everything.

I drink the water in one gulp and set the cup back down on the counter. I hear light footsteps behind me and smile, turning around. My smile quickly fades when I've realized what I've done.

Naomi's small figure stood there, her eyes glistening. Her cheeks are red, and she looks as if she's about to cry. She puts her hands in the pockets of her gray sweatpants--my gray sweatpants, and frowns.

"Leroy please don't be mad." She says.

"I'm not mad. I just feel like I've done something to make you want to leave."

"I already told you. You've done nothing. This is simply my choice. If you'd done something I would have told you."

I sigh and look away. If she says that it's nothing, then it's nothing. Right? 

I nod and lean against the counter. "Okay Naomi bear."

She glares at me, biting her small lips. She shakes her head and leans against the wall.

"Fine, Naomi dear."

"Muffin." She says, crossing her arms.

"Alright, Muffin."

She smiles in satisfaction, walking over and hugging me. 

I hug her back, as she lays her head on my chest.

"I'll miss you."

"I know. I promise I'll come back another time. I'll miss you too."

"You have to promise one other thing, too."

She furrows her eyebrows. "And what is that?"

"You have to stay until tomorrow." She shrugs and smiles.