❤Chapter Three❤

Chapter Three

Leroy POV

I walked back around my job the next day to see if the elderly woman was around. Unfortunatly she wasn't. I walked away feeling nothing but disappointment. Feeling tired, I walk to The Coffee Shop instead.

As I'm walking, plans fill my head. Ruth and I are over, so maybe I should just go back to my hometown and live with my parents. I moved here for Ruth, she no longer wants me. She doesn't love me, and that's fine. 

When I got in, there was this beautiful woman sitting there at the counter. She had brown curly hair and big brown eyes. She was mixed and had freckles. She looked at me and smiled sadly, her dimples showing. I began walking over to her when this woman with cold blue eyes and many freckles on her face, stomped past me. She had an angry look on her face. I looked back at the girl again, who was shaking her head and motioning for me to come over. When I finally got over to her, I was speechless for a moment. She was even more beautiful the closer I got to her. Looks can be decieving I told myself snapping out of it. She leaned on the counter and smiled at me. "What can I get you, sir?" She asked. "Can I get a Vanilla Frape?" I asked, finally speaking. She nodded, walked away, and made the coffee. When she came back, she sat the coffee and the counter. "That'll be five dollars, sir." I raised my eyebrows. "For coffee? That wasn't the price before." She shrugged. "Boss raised the prices, I don't know why." "And I can do that! You got a problem?" My head snapped back to the woman behind me, the one who stomped in front of me earlier. Her eyebrow was raised and she was glaring at me. What's her problem? She must be the boss. I thought to myself. I read her nametag which said, 'Hello, my name is Melanie.' I shook my head. "No, I don't have a problem."She looked at me and then smirked. "Good, I will have you banned from here." With that, she walked away, going outside. I stared for a moment and then shook my head again. When I looked back at the girl, she had a pained look on her face. She looked back at me, giving the same sad smile before. "Don't worry about her. She's just having a bad day." I nodded. I hesitated and then pulled out four dollars from my pocket, realizing the coffee is getting cold. "Darn!!" I mumbled to myself, not finding another dollar. I cleared my throat and smirked. "Do you have a dollar I can borrow?" She smirked back at me. "I mean, I got a dollar..for me." I chuckled and she chuckled too. That smile, that beautiful smile. She looked around and leaned in to whisper. "Just take the coffee, it'll be fine." I grinned. "Thank you, uhh." "Naomi. I have a nametag, silly." She chuckled. "Oh, uh. I'm Leroy." She smiled and put her hand out for me to shake. I shook it. "Nice to meet you, Leroy. See you around." She pulled away and walked in the back. I stood there for a moment. Wow she was beautiful. I wonder if she's a Christian. There was definitely a glow about her. I shrugged and left the Coffee Shop. I was definitely going to like this place.

*Naomi POV*

I pulled away from his hand, quickly walking away to the back. Just by touching his hands, I got goosebumps. He certainly was funny, and cute. He had jet black hair, and dark brown eyes. He had some freckles on his cheeks. He wore a leather jacket with black pants and a shirt that said, 'I love Jesus.' He was very tall, taller than me. I smiled and then remembered to put a dollar in the cash register for him. I walked back to the cash register, tossing the dollar in and walking away again. I sat at the table in the back, sipping my coffee. My mind slowly went back to Kevin, and I felt sad again. He hasn't called, I haven't called. I can't believe I was in love with that jerk. I shook my head and banged my fist on the table. The coffee spilled on my pants and apron, and I imediately got angry again. "Why won't anything go right?" I yelled. Margret rushed in and looked at me. "You alright dear?" I shook my head and suddenly, my emotions got the best of me. I started crying and sat back in the chair. "Oh Naomi, what happened dear?" She said pulling me into an embrace. "Kev-Kevin and I..we..we broke.." I stopped and looked away. "Kevin and I broke up, last night." I wiped my tears away and instantly felt stupid for letting my emotions get the best of me. This wasn't like me. "Oh, honey. That boy wasn't for you. It will be alright. You'll find someone, better." I shook my head. "He was cheating on me, all this time. He cheated on my with my old friend Jenny! I just can't believe this! How could he do this? I gave him my heart, I actually considered marrying him! I just..I can't. He even said the only reason he was going to marry me was for sex." I shook my head and turned away again. "He definitely isn't for you." She said. "You need a man, who loves God. A man who won't marry you for those reasons, but one who marries you because he loves you." I nodded and hugged her. "I know. I promised myself last night, that I wouldn't fall for an idiot like him again. Thank you, Margret. I feel a little better now." She nodded. Although, that wasn't true, now that I think about it. I had decided that they best way I won't get hurt, is to stay single. Forever. Never dating another guy again. "Anytime dear. I am here for you." I smiled and she walked away. My mind snapped back to the coffee. Oh my gosh I forgot I am still in charge of serving people their coffee. What was I thinking? I rushed out and saw a long line of angry people, waiting to order their coffee. "Oops." I mumbled running to the first person in line. This can't happen again. I thought to myself.