❤Chapter Twenty❤

Chapter Twenty.

I don't own the lyrics in this chapter

Naomi P.O.V

I hear someone groan in pain, from falling on top of me. This situation probably would have been funny, if my head wasn't throbbing right now. I place my arms in front of me, trying to get up, but whoever's on me, they are seriously heavy. 

I glance above me, seeing people continuing to skate, lights flickering. Thanks for the help. Suddenly, I feel myself being pulled up. "You're clumsy." Leroy whispers, turning me around to face him. My right foot slides in front of me, as he catches me, a smirk on his face. I look past him at the people who fell on me. It was a tall woman and three men. Each of the men give me a cold look, before skating away with the others. The woman smiles at me and I smile back, sheepishly. "Sorry." I say.

She brushes dust off of her skirt and chuckles. "That's alright. I fall a lot, too. But you should get on the side, so you don't get yourself hurt." I nod, watching her skate back with the others. Leroy begins to laugh and I shoot him a death glare, before going to the side walls. Right left, Right left. I think to myself, as I skate forward. Leroy slowly brushes past me, giving me a heart stopping smile. I blush and look away, glancing at the dirty floor. 

As I move, I begin to skate confidently. "Yee Leroy! I'm doing!" I yell happily, skating up close to him. He smiles at me. "Good job Muffin. Let's pick up our pace." He gently grabs my hand, as we skate faster. The music gets louder as we skate with the crowd. I smile as one of my favorite songs comes on. "This is Mineo!" I say, as Leroy and I turn. He nods. "I know. This is one of my favorite songs by him!" 

"Mines too!" I smile happily, as I sing the lyrics to Never land, by Andy Mineo. "When You take, my hand. I'm so far up I'll never land! Up, up, up, up, up I'll never land!" 

"Oh my gosh! I literally love this song!" A girl yells to her friend. Her friend smiles at her and skates forward. "Can you spin?" Leroy asks. "Nope. Not yet." He chuckles and skates forward, leaving me behind. "Hey! Don't leave me back here!" I say, trying to catch up with him. He chuckles again, and does a spin. I finally get to him and whisper 'I can do that.' No. I really can't. I can't do any tricks yet. "Coming through!" Someone yells, causing Leroy and I split up. A woman is holding hands with a man who looks to be in his forties. They skate past and send us a smile. 

The woman starts dancing on the skates, like a professional, while the guy does the same. She twirls and sings along to the song, which was now almost finished. The guy grabs her hand and she spins under him, doing another twirl. People start to clap and I smile. One day, I'll be able to do that. Not today, but one day. The woman looks at the man and they both skate off. I begin to skate again, almost losing my balance. Leroy skates next to me, smiling. I smile back at him and then focus back on skating. I repeated 'right, left' over in my head a few times before skating again with confidence. I pick up my speed, leaving Leroy behind like he left me.

"Naomi, don't leave me." He says, trying to catch up. It was no use, I was going way to fast, faster than other skaters. "Muffin!" I hear Leroy call. I turn my head and smile, slowing down a bit. "What?" I say, when he gets to me. "Do you want to eat, or wait a little longer?" I hesitate. I hadn't really thought about eating, I'd barely eaten all day. My stomach makes a loud growl and I tap it, a blush creeping up on my cheeks. Yeah, I should definitely eat. The last time I didn't eat for a while, I fainted. "Let's go around, one more time. Then we can eat." He nods as another song plays, and he grabs my hand. 

"This is yummy!" I say, biting into a delicious burger. Huh, who knew a skating place made good burgers. Definitely not me. Leroy smiles and takes a bite of his burger, while taking a look at his phone. He'd been looking at his phone since the minute we sat down. I wanted to start a conversation with him, but I'm bad at that. It usually him to start the conversations. Come on Leroy. The silence is killing me.