❤Chapter Eleven❤

Chapter Eleven

Naomi P.O.V

I wasn't really the type of girl, to leave North Carolina. I never went on vacation or anything like it. When Melanie gave me my few days off, I'd stay home, watch TV. Or read a book, which was usually what I'd do when I wasn't on vacation. But this time, I felt different. Leroy was inviting me, and instantly, my heart and mind said yes. In the beginning, I'd felt that I was developing a little crush on Leroy, but now that's all been erased. Me having a crush on him could very well eliminate our friendship, something I do not want. For once, I had a friend. A good friend, a guy friend. I'd never once in my life had a guy friend. In high school, guys would always try to befriend me, but I'd never trust them enough to do so. Kevin kinda worked his way into my heart, I trusted him. But, that got me no where. With Leroy though, things were different. I don't know why, they just were. Maybe it was because he was a guy that loved God? I don't know. Leroy just seemed like a trustworthy guy. We'd been spending lots of time together the past few months talking about the most random thing. I'd still refused to tell him certain things though, like my mother's death and how it happened. Not because I didn't trust him, but because my emotions would immediately take over, and I wouldn't be able to control them. I don't want Leroy or anyone, to see that side of me. The 'weak' side of me, my father would call it. There was only one person who'd seen the weak side of me, and that was Margret. I had been on my way home, a lot on my mind. Margret invited me over her house, and I decided to go; I thought that'd get my mind off of things. When we had arrived at her house, we began talking. Margret had asked me what was on my mind, and I wouldn't tell her. I didn't trust her. I didn't want her to use something like that, against me. Eventually, she'd convinced me that she wouldn't tell a soul. I poured my heart out to her, crying so hard. Only, I told her about Kevin and how he'd stressed me out that night. I couldn't tell her about my mom's death that had been bothering me. I couldn't tell her about my mom, I couldn't tell anyone, for some reason. After that night, I promised myself never to show anyone my weak side, ever. I try to zip the suitcase shut, but it won't budge. I try again, but the zipper continues to be stubborn. After six attempts of trying to get the thing closed, it finally cooperated. "Hooray!" I mumble to myself. I extend the handles on both of the bags and roll them to the front door. Leroy and I had spent the past two days talking, nonstop. He told me stories about when he was on the farm as a child. Most of them made me smile, especially the one where Leroy fell off of a horse before it'd even moved. These stories had kept my mind off of my mother for quite a while. When night came though, and Leroy had to go, the nightmares would come. I'd tried my best to stay awake these past few nights, but ended up failing miserably. Unlike others, I hate sleep. I hate it so much, because of the nightmares that come with it. I never told Leroy about the nightmares in our conversations, but I told him little stories about when I was a young child. When I'd spend time with my mother, before she died. My phone rings and I quickly answer. "Hello?" I say. "Hi Naomi. I'm around the corner." "Alright, Leroy. I'll be waiting on my porch." "Okay." He hangs up and I grab the two bags, now filled with clothes and head out the door. After locking the door, I sit on the plastic chair on my porch, waiting for Leroy. I was very excited for this, to spend time with Leroy and his mom. His dad was coming but promised to stay out of our way. For some reason, I'd wanted to gain a friendly relationship with Leroy's dad, he always seemed so miserable. I remember when I was gardening with his mom once, and Leroy's dad came in through the front door, a cigar in his mouth. He looked at me, not a glare this time, and smiled slightly but sadly. "Hello." He said. He looked at his wife, saying hello. She didn't not respond, she only continued patting the dirt down. I had a feeling they'd argued the night before. Then again, they argued almost everynight, from what Leroy told me. He shook his head and went up stairs, mumbling, "God why? Oh God, why?" I wondered why he was such a sad man. Leroy pulls up in my driveway, smiling. I smile back and grab my bags, walking down the stairs. These bags were definitely a pain, and were very heavy. As if Leroy read my mind, he quickly gets out the car, taking the bads from my hands. "Hey! I was handling both perfectly fine!" I say. He tosses both of the bags in his trunk and looks at me. "Really? If you were handling both perfectly fine, why were you making a constipated face while coming down the stairs? Unless you actually are constip-" I punch him in the arm. "I was not!" He chuckles and rubs the spot where I punched him. "Alright, alright. I believe you, for now." I scowl at him, only making him chuckle more. I get in the passenger side, not saying a word to him.