❤Chapter Sixteen❤

Chapter Sixteen

Naomi P.O.V

When I wake up, Leroy is sleeping soundlessly on the floor. He doesn't have a blanket on him, and I frown. I slowly rise from the couch, wincing from the pain in my stomach. I stand on my feet and begin walking, each footstep shooting pain in my stomach. I try to ignore the pain and pull out two thick blankets, it was fall, and beginning to get cool out. I pull out a purple pillow from on top of the shelf and then finally close it quietly, so I wouldn't wake Leroy. I walk over to him and lightly lift his head, placing the pillow underneath. I slowly move the table so when he wakes up, he doesn't hit his head. I spread both blankets on him, making sure he was warm. I take a glance at the small clock on the wall. It read 5:59am. I sigh and collapse back on the cream colored couch, snuggling in my blanket and going back to sleep.

"Naomi! Naomi! How many times do I have to tell you!? TO the basement!" I slide down the brick walls, shaking my head frantically. "Please daddy! I'm sorry! I thought I filled the cup all the way! I'll go...I'll go redo it! Please don't make me go down there!" I say, slowly walking over to grab the cup. He narrows his eyes, "We can do this up here, or we can do this downstairs, you choose." Tears spill from my eyes. I quickly get up, running to the front door. "I'm not going!" I scream, praying I could get out the house fast enough in time before he catches me. I'm yanked back and thrown on the floor. "OW!" I scream. I scoot back until I'm back against the wall. He smirks. "Now. Now you've done it. You could have just went down the stairs like I'd asked you to. You rebellious, rebellious girl." He walks over to me, grabbing my hair, and begins to pull me. He pulls me toward the basement stairs. Tears fill my eyes. I want to call mommy, but I don't want her to get hurt. He yanks my body up, forcing me to stand. He stands over me, his height overpowering mine. I look down. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He screams at the top of his lungs. I quickly look at him, and he smirks. "Walk down those stairs, I'll be back with the rope. "Daddy! No! I-" He grabs me by my collar and yanks me down the stairs. My shin hits the corner of the stairs and I wince. "Ah, well look here." He says, holding some rope he found on the shelf. He clicks on a light swinging from the ceiling. He pushes me against the pole, tying my hands to it. He duck tapes my mouth shut and I cry again. "Time to play." He mutters. Holding up a baseball bat. I scream, and I can't stop. I...

"Naomi! Naomi! Wake up! It's just a dream! Come on!" Leroy's voice wakes me. My body is drenched in sweat, along with my hair and face. Leroy runs his fingers through my hair repeatedly, asking if I'm OK. I don't reply for a moment. I lick my lips, realizing they are extremely dry. Not to mention my mouth too. Ew. I look around me, noticing the sun coming up. "It's over. It's over. Come here." He says, hugging me. I hug him back, wincing from the pain. He pulls away. "Are you okay?" I nod, feeling relief flood through me. 

I turn my face so I'm looking at him, and I blush. He smiles at this, letting me go. "You hungry?" He asks, motioning over to the plate of food on my table. I look at the food, my eyes widening. Leroy had cooked me bacon and eggs, and made me coffee. I suddenly smell the bacon, and smile. "Oh, Leroy. You didn't have to make me breakfast." He smiles at me. "I wanted to. Now lets eat." He helps me up from the couch. I wince once again from the pain in my stomach. Leroy gives me a concerned look before helping me at the table. I slide in the cream colored chair, thanking him. I eat my food quietly, finding it oddly hard to swallow. I try to ignore it by taking a couple sips of my coffee, which happened to be very, very good.

"This is so good. What is this?" I ask. Leroy raises his eyebrow at me. "You've never heard of pumpkin spice?"  

"Huh? Ohhhhhh.. Um, Melanie made us take that off. We haven't sold it in years. Shut up.." I say. He chuckles, taking a sip of his coffee. I lean my head forward, noticing his coffee color was lighter than mines. "Wait, what flavor is that?" I ask. "Vanilla." I nod. ""Vanilla's your favorite."