❤Chapter Thirteen❤

Chapter Thirteen

Naomi P.O.V

After spending what seemed like hours telling Leroy all of the good memories of my childhood, we sat in silence. Leroy looked at the stars and I looked at the moon. So bright, so full, so...perfect. Kelly walks out and sits on the swing with me, while Bill sat on the stairs. He had a guitar in his hand and a cowboy hat on. I smiled. He started strumming a few chords while humming. "I didn't know you played the guitar." I say. He looks at me and grins. "Yep. Ever since I was a little boy." I nod. "That's amazing. I've always wanted to play the guitar." "Well, It's a great instrument. I could teach ya if you'd like." I smile. "That would be great!" He nods. "Well, anytime." 

He starts playing again, only this time it was a song I recognized. It was Like An Avalanche by Hillsong United. Okay. So what I liked a bunch of songs by Hillsong United? They're my favorite. I started humming and swaying my head back and forth. "You know this song?" Bill asked, still playing. I nod. "Yes, I love this song." Leroy chuckles. "I'm convinced you know every song by Hillsong United." I nod. "Pretty much." We get quiet again, and finally I start to sing. "Caught in Your infinite embrace. And I, find myself here on my knees again. Caught up in grace like an avalanche. Nothing compares to this love, love, love. Burning in my heart." 

I sung the rest of the lyrics and realized everyone was looking at me. "That was beautiful." Kelly says, wiping her eyes. "Thank you." I say, blushing. "It was. Your voice is...amazing." Leroy says, making me blush even more. "Thank you." We sat in quiet for a moment until Penelope comes outside. "Hey everybody!" She says, happily. We all smile and wave. "Hi, dear!" Kelly says. Penelope had changed clothes. She was now in gray overalls with a white shirt underneath. "I'm gonna go in the hen house. Follow me?" She says. It took me a minute to realize, she was talking to me. I glance at her and I think I see a glare, but then it softens into a smile. "Oh! I'm sorry I didn't realize you were talking to me. Of course I'll go!" I rise off the swing and wave goodbye. "See you later, Naomi." Leroy says. I smile and wink at him. 

Penelope and I walk into the hen house, which smells so bad I think I'm going to puke. But that would be rude.... Would it? I glance at Penelope who's face is straight and unaltered. "Do you not smell that?" I blurt out. She chuckles. "I do, I do. But, I'm used to it, soo.." I nod. I see three stacks of hay and my  eyebrows knit in confusion. "Why is there hay in here?" I say. She shrugs. "I don't know. Maybe because this is a farm and hay goes in the hen house!" She says, making me wince at her tone. "Oh, um sorry. I was just asking. I've never been on a farm before." She says nothing, continuing to walk. We walk all the way to the back of the hen house, when she finally has a sit down on some more hay. We sit across from each other and I can't help but feel tension. I try to shake the feeling off, but it doesn't go away. I finally speak, trying to fill the silence. "So, how long have you lived on this farm?" She scoffs and looks at me, glaring. "Cut the crap, Naomi. I know the real reason you're here." My eyebrows knit in confusion. "Huh? I-" "You heard me! Why did you come here?" She says, angrily. I don't know what to say, I don't even know what she's talking about. "I don't know what your-" "You came here to take Leroy away from me!" She practically screams. I gasped and stood up, running my fingers through my curly hair. "What?! What on earth do you mean?!" I say. "You came here to take my Leroy away!" I shake my head. "Wait a second, your Leroy? Is he your boyfriend?" I ask, feeling suddenly sad. "No! Not yet! He can't if he's drooling over you!" I sigh. "So you like Leroy?" "Yes, I've always liked him." "But you have a boyfriend, Penelope." "I'm aware. I'll break up with him when Leroy and I start dating. I'm sure once I get rid of you, he'll like me." My eyebrow shoots up. "What makes you think you can get rid of me?" "Easy, I simply make up a lie and everyone believes me. I've know Leroy since childhood, you've know him for only four months. And, my parents? Ha, they'll believe their daughter, before they believe you." I shake my head, gulping slightly. "What will you tell them?" I say. She chuckles. "Like I'd tell you. You need to leave, Naomi. Before things get ugly." I laugh coldly. "I think they already did, and I'm not leaving.. So you can give that up." Her eyebrow raises and she glares at me. "Fine, expect your life to be a living hell." She says, rising from the hay she used as a seat. "I'm not scared of you." I say, although I was scared of what she'd do. She turned around and smirked at me, evil. "You should be." And with that she left, leaving me in the hen house. I sigh, and swallow hard. That escalated quickly.. What was I going to do? What if she did tell a lie and they all believed it? 

Unintentional Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें