❤Chapter Fourteen❤

Chapter Fourteen

Naomi's P.O.V

I grip the edge of my seat before speaking. Anger couldn't cover all that I felt. "Are you serious?" I say. Penelope simple turns around and nods, smirking. I rise out of my seat walking over to her. Egg shells fall to the ground as I walk up to Penelope, who'd went back to the fridge to put any leftover eggs back. When she turned around, I raised my hand and smacked her as hard as I could  right across her face. The gesture was so hard she fell on the floor and looked at me in shock. She opened her mouth to speak but I rose my hand, and she flinched. "Naomi, Penelope! Everything alri.." Penelope and I turn and find Leroy, who's looking at us with confusion. "What happened?" He said, quickly walking over to me. Before I could speak, Penelope bursts into tears. Now, I know these were fake tears, but hmph, they had Leroy convinced. He walks over and helps her up, as she cries. "Naomi hit me! For no reason at all!" She said, pointing to me. Leroy turns to me and raises his eyebrows. "Please tell me what happened." I nod and glance at Penelope. On her cheek is a red hand mark from where I slapped her. "She dumped a bucket of fresh eggs on my head, as you can see.." I say, motioning to my head. He looks at Penelope, who's still crying. He knocks an eggshell off of my shoulder and motions for me to continue. "Of course, I got angry. I asked her was she serious and she turned, smirking. She simply said yes, before putting the rest of the eggs in the fridge. So, I got up, and smacked her right on her pretty little face!" I say, my blood boiling. Leroy frowns at her, and she shakes her head. "That's not true!" Leroy shakes his head. "How does she have eggs on her then?" "She dumped them on herself! I'm seri...FINE!" She yells, obviously seeing Leroy wasn't buying it. "It was an accident! I was walking over to put a few more eggs on the table and I slipped and the eggs landed on her head. Then I went to go put the rest away and then next thing I know, Naomi is slapping me!" I shake my head. "It wasn't an accident! I didn't see you trip!" "You didn't see me at all because you were drinking your orange juice!" "Before I could turn around you were dumping chicken eggs on my head!" I yell. "STOP!" Leroy says, raking his hands through his hair. "Penelope, apologize." She turned to me, wiping tears from her eyes. She looked strangely serious before saying her apology, and then running up the stairs. I shake my head and bury my head into my hands. "Naomi, I-" "I'm gonna go take a shower, dear." I say, running up the wooden stairs. 

When I get to my room, I pull out a white tank top with some pants. I grab my under garments before running back to the bathroom, down the narrow hallway. I quickly shut the door behind me, locking it. I strip down to nothing, and turn on the shower. The towels from yesterday were neatly folded on the hamper beside the shower. I grabbed my favorite shampoo before stepping in, and letting the warm water hit my skin. I scrub my body down, getting rid of all of the dirt. I finally pull out the shampoo bottle and squeeze a lot of it on my head. I smile, hoping to smell lemons soon, but I don't. I don't smell lemons at all, I smell...mustard? What is this!? I quickly look at my hands, which were both a dark shade of yellow. I snatch the shampoo bottle off of the ledge in the shower and open it. I scoot back, so the hot water only hits the floor. I take a sniff and I was right, it's mustard. Not my lemon burst shampoo that was in the bottle yesterday. Penelope. I think to myself. I get ready to let out a scream, but I refuse to show her that this bothers me. I sigh and look around for another bottle of shampoo. I see another one, that says Blueberry Bash. I quickly snatch the bottle, sniffing and making sure it was mustard free. I take a deep breath, my anger lightening a bit. I squeeze the bottle on my head and begin to run my fingers constantly through my hair. 

After washing my hair and showering, I change into my clothes and throw the now mustard bottle away. I sigh sadly, that was my favorite bottle. I don't have the money to buy it again, it was like ten dollars a bottle. I open the door, the warm air hitting my legs and arms. I walk down the stairs and pause, praying Penelope wouldn't be down here. I don't feel like dealing with her, then again, I never did. I finish going down and notice everyone's outside. I place my hands on the screen and look at Leroy, who was talking to his mom and Bill, who was talking to his wife. No sigh of Penelope or Darren. I push the door open and smile, letting the sunshine soak into my skin. I sit on the swing alone, enjoying the sun. No one seemed to notice me, but that was alright. I looked at the sky, watching the birds fly and sing. I feel the swing move a bit and I turn and see Leroy, who's smiling at me. I smile back at him. "Hi, dear." I say. He chuckles. "Hi, Muffin. How about we go horse riding now?" I hesitate, but then quickly yell a 'yes' Everyone looks at me, and I blush. Why did I yell?