❤Chapter Twenty Three❤

Chapter Twenty Three

"A fighter with a greater faith in GOD will never be a loser."

Naomi P.O.V 

Church

"Are you sure you're okay?" Leroy asks, sitting on the end of the bed. He'd decided it was best that I'd slept in his bed, since I complained to the doctor about back pains. After the coffee shop incident, Melanie decided it was best if I stayed with Leroy until this all blows over. The police are currently looking for the three men, and Kevin, who seemed to be missing at the moment.

At this point, I no longer know if I'm okay. I'm at the point where if I was to die, then so be it. I no longer care, it seems that this pain, torture would never end. Maybe if Kevin killed me, I'd be free, once and for all. 

Instead of saying that, I force a smile and nod. "Fine, don't worry about me." He hesitates for a moment and then kisses my forehead. I shiver at his touch and smile a real smile this time. My eyes begin to tear up and I look away, snuggling into the covers. 

"How can I not worry about you? I know what you're thinking." No you don't.

"Leroy, I'm fine. I promise." I say, my voice cracking. If I didn't stay hidden under these covers, I'd start crying right in front of him, hard. 

He gently pulls the covers away from my face, I squeeze my fists on the blanket. "N-N-No! I'm fine. Really, I-" Tears start sliding down my cheeks, I quickly wipe them away, before looking at Leroy.

He frowns and pulls me into his arms. "Please don't cry, Muffin."

"I'm not, Leroy. I'm okay, really." I say, snuggling into his arms. My body was absolutely freezing from the winter air. 

His warmth radiating onto my body. I never wanted to leave this spot, I just wanted to stay in his arms forever, and ever.

I have the sudden desire to kiss him, but refrain. He's not your boyfriend. Of course, Leroy and I really like each other, but I know he'd soon get tired of me. He'd get tired of my nightmares, my depressing birthdays, he'd get tired of me period. 

It been getting difficult to ignore the random moments we'd have. A few weeks ago, I was walking into the kitchen, grabbing something to eat. I have no idea what I tripped over, maybe it was a flat surface, I don't know. But, I tripped and almost crashed to the floor, when Leroy caught me by my waist, spun me around--giving one of those heart stopping smiles. 

"Be careful, Muffin." He whispered, brushing my hair out of my face. I wanted to walk away, and leave. But instead, I leaned in about to kiss him, when my phone rang. I was both greatful and upset that the moment had been ruined. Leroy's expression mimicked mines, as I grabbed my phone, answering it.

"You have a nice face." I blurt out before I can stop myself. 

Leroy chuckles and kisses my forehead again. "I agree." 

I punch his arm and growl. "You're supposed to say, thank you."

"Thank you, Muffin. You have a nice face too. Oh I almost forgot."

He says, smiling. "Don't forget we have church this Sunday."

I only reply with a simple nod, moving out of Leroy's arms.

"Muffin,--"

"Don't." I cut, not wanting to hear anything else. 

"What's going on? It seems that every time I mention church, you get an attitude." 

I bite my lip rolling my eyes. "I don't get an attitude."

"You have one now."

"No I don't!"