Chapter 1

~BROOKLYN~
(set in Bart's timeline)

^^^^^^^^^

"Hurry, I don't have all day!" I shout at the shadows around me.

One by one, I take them down with ease. It's like they aren't even trying.

I punch the last one, breaking his nose, and turn to look at the only other person in the room. I put my hands on my hips and wait for it.

"Good."

"Just good?" I raise my eyebrows with a ticked off expression on my face,"I have beaten them all five times."

"Excellent."

My eyes narrow as my arms drop to my sides,"Are we done here?"

"You have better things to do?" The voice, even now, still sent chills up my spine.

"No." I bite my tongue, knowing what would happen if I did have anything better to do than what he wanted.

"Good. No, excellent, as you like it. I have a task for you."

I smirk,"Now you're talking. What do I have to do?"

"Watch a loading. The Justice League and their little brats have been picking off our men." His voice, which was usually calm and monotone-like, was laced with anger for the League.

I rolled my eyes,"Your men can't handle a few superheroes?"

He only glared in reply.

"Fine, pick some assassins to help me and I will be off. Master." I add at the end.

"Very well, you never disappoint." Ra's Al Ghul smiles down at me and puts his hand on my shoulder,"so do not fail us this time."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

~<~>~<~>~<~>

I can see why the men had so much trouble.

Seriously, teenagers are so scary. And,gasp, two of them? How did they live to even tell Ra's al about it?

I lean down in the tree, directly across from the two heroes hiding, to get a better look at them.

These two are my first mission out into the actual world? Nothing like what I have been doing for the past year; gathering secrets from each of the Light members. Everything was hidden from the League till now, as if I was now entering the fight. And I couldn't wait.

One was a girl. She had blonde hair and was wearing a mask that covered most of her face. I recognized her as Artemis.

She is Sportmaster's daughter, the sister of Cheshire. Cheshire must have followed in her foot steps because she turned good, the traitor. I would have called us friends at some point, but not now.

Ra's and his playmates didn't like Artemis because she used to-and still is apparently- one of the Leagues 'brats'.

Actually, her whole family royally ticked off every single one of the Light members from what I have heard. I would bet everything that they want her died.