When The Light Was Taken Away...

A/N:

Thanks to sad_masquerade for making the awesome cover!!!

_____

Prologue

The fire had spread all throughout the place.

A girl stood, alone, as the flames grew faster and faster.

She tried to contain it, even though it was difficult for her.

"Dark Magic!" She said aloud as she tried to dissipate the flames, but they raged on despite her efforts. "Whats wrong?! I should be able to at least take out this fire!"

She realized, however, that this wasn't ordinary Dark Magic. She wouldn't be able to stop it.

She shielded herself from the blaze using her Pure Flame and tried to find the others. "Guys! Anyone! Come to me! We need to go!"

She yelled and yelled for her friends. Unbeknownst to her at the time, the Dark Magic had already taken her friends away...

One by one.....

The fire started to enclose her. She tried again to protect herself using her Pure Flame. This time, her flames were outmatched and her arm burned.

The same place where her Crescent Moon was tattooed. Her upper left arm, right above the elbow. She clutched the burnt arm in agony.

The symbol of her rebellion. Their resistance.

The symbol of her days as a soldier.

As a Guildmate. And a friend.

Her group was the last hope of her people. The people of Eladias.

The ones known as 'Monsters'.

The people He wanted exterminated.

He had almost succeded in getting what he wanted. He almost won. But with the girl and her friends as His enemy, He wouldn't have gotten away with it.

Now, she realized with horror, they had almost no chance against Him.

"No! We can still save everyone!" She screamed to no one. She felt hopelessly alone. She coughed loudly, her lungs burning.

She knew then that she would die before defeating Him.

"I can't die! Everyone..." She felt dizzy. The smoke from the fire was increasing around her. "Everyone is depending on me!" Her head spinning and her body, every part of her body, was burning.

She stumbled to the nearest window on her left. "I can't... let everybody down... I can't! I must pull though... " She bumped into the window frame and leaned out the window.

She felt all her strength leave her body.

"I can't... can't give up....."

She fell though the open window, thinking that it was over....

-------